We are looking for a Product Manager who will be responsible for managing and defining overall product strategy for Dover Food Retail enterprise wide parts portfolio covering both Hillphoenix and Anthony brands. He/she would be responsible for cross functional leadership in defining core aftermarket portfolio using 80/20 principles, value proposition, market positioning, strategic pricing, complexity reduction and overall roadmap development to drive margin and share of parts portfolio. This role will support commercial and customer experience teams to drive strong customer intimacy and aftermarket replacement/retrofit programs to drive parts business growth. This role will also collaborate and work closely with sourcing, operations and core product management team in filling portfolio gaps and working through key NPD launch deliverables relating to aftermarket parts. The role requires strong business acumen, analytical skills, collaborative and cross functional leadership skills. This role will have matrixed leadership of business analysts who are currently part of the aftermarket parts customer support team.
What you will be responsible for in this role:
Core Portfolio Definition, Market, Customer & Competitive Analysis
- Develop a thorough understanding of overall parts market including overall size/growth in food retail, key industry trends, competitive and customer insights
- Conduct detailed 80-20 portfolio analysis and define core product lines with service levels and pricing defining core vs non-core parts
- Evaluate products for obsolescence and recommend replacement alternatives
- Define key portfolio gaps and collaborate with sourcing/product management teams to execute on a roadmap to fill gaps and support business growth
- Support new product development core portfolio programs as it relates to any aftermarket specific needs
Aftermarket Sales Support & Customer Experience
- Serve as subject matter expert for assigned products to support internal team, field sales, distributors and end users
- Collaborate with inside and outside sales teams in driving parts programs with key customers
- Develop sales and marketing tools, pricing and positioning plans and guided selling tools to drive sales and customers to pick from core parts portfolio
- Collaborate with corporate marketing to develop and deliver training materials for the assigned products and train sales and dealers on parts portfolio and programs
- Collaborate with operations to maintain appropriate stocking levels for core portfolio
- Collaborate with technical publications on developing appropriate documentation such as parts list, service manual and instructions related to service parts
Monthly Business Reviews, Process Development and Deployment
- Collaborate with finance and sales teams to conduct monthly financial business reviews by key parts product lines, understand root causes for underperforming parts of the business and develop countermeasures to close gaps in revenue and margin
- Collaborate with PMO group and key cross functional stakeholders to develop review and approval process for new parts, stocking non-core parts and/or resurrecting old obsoleted parts
- Collaborate with core product line product managers to execute key new product launch readiness deliverables defined in NPD stage gate process for service parts
- Collaborate with IT teams to streamline existing systems for parts quoting and order fulfillment
What are the minimum qualifications?
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, engineering, operations, supply chain or business management required
- 8+ years of aftermarket parts product management or marketing experience in a top diversified industrial company
- Experience working with distributors, parts distribution warehouses and e-commerce sales and marketing
What are the preferred qualifications?
- MBA strongly preferred.
- Refrigeration & Food Retail industry experience preferred