We are seeking a Senior Product Line Manager for our Bloomfield office. The Senior Product Line Manager is responsible for developing specific marketing plans and activities for one of Coherent's primary CO2 laser product lines.
The primary job function is to establish, enhance or distinguish product placement within the competitive arena and be responsible for the product line profitability. As part of the strategic long term product management, responsibilities include:
- Developing business plans, establishing pricing strategies, and product positioning in the marketplace.
- Conducting and managing market research, monitors competitive activity and identifies customer needs.
- Working cross-functionally with Engineering, Research and Development, Operations, Manufacturing and Sales to resolve customer issues, enhance existing products, and develop new products to increase revenue.
- Coordinating all activities between Coherent's Sales Team and the Business Unit.
- Product definition and specification of existing and new products, negotiating contracts and customer specific pricing
- Conducting P&L analysis in collaboration with Finance and responsible for product life cycle including obsolescence and new product initiatives
- Generating product ideas and innovation proposals including collecting product and application related feedback (from customers and internally)
- Product sales forecast and collaborating with Business Unit Operations Team, Finance, and Coherent Global Sales Team to meet quarterly/yearly revenue, gross margin, and gross profit targets
- Preparing and maintaining brochures, data sheets and product documentation collaborating with Coherent's MarCom Group
- Interacting with Coherent Applications Laboratories to support development of customer applications and processes and generate data for white papers, journal articles, and application notes.
Education and Work Experience:
- Masters' Degree in Engineering, Physics or similar field is required. MBA highly desired.
- 7-10 years working in a product line management, product marketing, product development, or product engineering role in a fast-paced technology company.
- Experience with gas-phase lasers would be advantageous.
- Successful candidates must exercise independent judgment in methods, techniques and assessment principles to obtain results, and be able to address complex issues, take decisive actions, and develop and execute strategic business plans.