The Senior Product Lifecycle Manager is responsible for product strategy and lifecycle management of the current on-market Oncotype portfolio of products. This position is responsible for the product definition, intended use, market requirements (including business model), market entry roadmap, and marketing strategies of on-market products to enable continued growth and evolution over its lifecycle. The Senior Product Lifecycle Manager will identify line extension opportunities, indication expansion, and the timing of product end-of-life. This position will accomplish these tasks by relying on a deep understanding and knowledge of customer needs, market trends, and competitive pressures, as well as establishing short and long-term objectives and plans that transform the product strategy into clear measurable results.
The Senior Product Lifecycle Manager is responsible for driving the team towards execution of these plans and will accomplish tasks through interactions with a broad range of functions involved with the development and commercialization of Exact Sciences products including R&D, clinical, operations, program management, commercial, pipeline BU, International BU, finance, regulatory, and legal functions. This position will collaborate with and influence varying levels of internal and external personnel and requires a strong team-focused approach, direct interactions with customers, and public presentations. Strong business acumen and customer focus are essential to the success of this position, as well as the ability to distill complex information from multiple sources into clear, compelling, and actionable business cases. The Senior Product Lifecycle Manager is expected to have broad knowledge of the healthcare landscape and commercialization of products, and familiarity with the clinical and technical aspects of product development.
This opening will support the Urologic Cancers area within the Company.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Maximize the value of Precision Oncology’s Oncotype product lines by co-developing and maintaining the long-term product strategy and business plan for the product; including a multi-generational product roadmap and product-level profit and loss statements.
- Contribute to the development of a five-year brand plan for on-market products.
- Analyze and incorporate the impact of key market and clinical trends, customer needs, and competitive offerings to inform the development of differentiated product roadmaps and new product features and functionalities.
- Provide product management leadership, from concept to commercialization, as an integral member of a small cross-functional product development leadership team; including being a leading voice of customer research, product definition, product features, and performance requirements and tradeoffs, product value proposition, and business case.
- Represent Exact Sciences in external meetings with corporate partners and collaborators.
- Attend outside conferences and prepare reports, as needed, to convey scientific or competitive information that may affect our markets and product positioning.
- Work with cross-functional groups, including product development, clinical, regulatory, reimbursement, quality, operations, and commercial, to ensure success of the development and commercialization of the product.
- Manage total Product Lifecycle; use data-driven insights to lead programs that increase profitability in the areas of process improvements, enhanced customer experience, and Cost of Goods Sold (COGS) management.
- Manage the product throughout its lifecycle; including recommendations regarding iterations and next generation development requirements.
- Create departmental memoranda and presentations, as needed; evangelize on the products in the portfolio.
- Ability to build relationships and work effectively as a leader and/or team member with cross-functional teams; including R&D, clinical, operations, commercial, finance, legal, and business development.
- Excellent communication skills including oral, written, and presentation techniques.
- Uphold company mission and values through accountability, innovation, integrity, quality, and teamwork.
- Support and comply with the company’s Quality Management System policies and procedures.
- Regular and reliable attendance.
- Ability to work on a mobile device, tablet, or in front of a computer screen and/or perform typing for approximately 90% of a typical working day.
- Ability and means to travel between Redwood City locations.
- Ability to travel 20% of working time away from work location, may include overnight/weekend travel.
- Master’s degree in Life Sciences or related field with a general understanding of biology, diagnostics, and medical devices; or Bachelor’s degree in Life Sciences or related field with a general understanding of biology, diagnostics, and medical devices and 2 years of relevant experience in lieu of Master’s degree.
- 5+ years of relevant experience with product development and/or commercialization; including product management in the diagnostic, Pharma, Life Sciences, or management consulting field.
- Demonstrated ability as a self-starter to generate and articulate a strong product vision and strategy and carry it all the way to tactical planning and successful execution in a dynamic marketplace.
- Successful track record of achieving product line goals.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively distill a large amount of complex customer, clinical, market, and technical data from multiple sources into a clear product value proposition and to articulate and communicate this value proposition to a range of customer and internal audiences.
- Demonstrated success in managing multiple stakeholders and resolving conflict within teams.
- Authorization to work in the United States without sponsorship.
- Demonstrated ability to perform the Essential Duties of the position with or without accommodation.
- PhD in Life Sciences.
- Knowledge and experience in the area of oncology or urology; including external trends and issues in the global oncology landscape.
- Experience with financial modeling or data analysis skills; ability to build and analyze financial models to forecast and track results.
- Experience with driving clinical adoption and reimbursement of value-based diagnostics through clinical and economic impact studies.
- Experience with working in both the clinical environment (i.e., HCPs) and the diagnostic lab environment (i.e., testing laboratories).