Summary: Provides engineering support for all aspects of assigned product line to ensure functionality, quality, cost, and schedule by performing the following duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Conceptually designs new products, including the sizing and packaging of the heat exchanger system.
- Creates and/or analyzes new designs independently or within the team environment. 3D Modeling and CAD experience is desired.
- Checks the design of designers and drafters.
- Works with the customer and YT production to solve design problems, both on OEM production sites, in the field where the product is used, and on YT’s factory floor.
- Determines the method of verifying and validating new designs.
- Initiates value-added engineering projects.
- Assists in the development of new people in the position of Product Engineer I and Designers
- Uses technical knowledge to come up with new and advanced methods of meeting customer requirements.
- Can manage a design team of drafters, designers, and Product Engineers and leads them to ensure products are getting designed correctly and on time.
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree and 5 to 10 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Relocation lump sum may be provided if you meet eligibility requirements
Wabtec Corporation is committed to taking on the world’s toughest challenges. In order to fulfill that commitment we rely on a culture of leadership, diversity and inclusiveness. We aim to employ the world’s brightest minds to help us create a limitless source of ideas and opportunities. We believe in hiring talented people of varied backgrounds, experiences and styles…people like you! Wabtec Corporation is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, or protected Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.