.Product Development Engineer (min 8 yrs experience)
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering with 8 years of automotive/truck/bus design experience required.
- Must have good communication skills, a positive attitude, and be self-motivated withability to thrive in a fast-paced team environment.
- Candidate will be led by a senior engineer and tasked to resolve technical or packaging challenges.
- Experience with Teamcenter and Unigraphics is a plus.
- Must be familiar with quality tools quality tools (8D, Lean, dFMEA), Bill of Materials creation, and 2D prints release.
- Knowledge in project management, manufacturing and service processes are required.
- Additionally, should have experience in MS office applications including Excel, Word, Project and Outlook.
- Develop engineering concepts, release BOM’s, and 2D prints based off of 3D data. Functionality drives all, but awareness of cost, weight, quality, manufacturability, and serviceability are all key factors.
- Communicate with engineering customers regarding new designs and changes (manufacturing, purchasing, service, configuration management, vehicle engineering, customer/product center, supply base).
- Perform other duties as requested by management.
- Ability to lead less senior engineers
- Ability to direct design team
- TeamCenter and UG/NX experience preferred
- Conduct packaging studies and 3D data reviews/direction
- Release 2D prints to support product/parts builds
- New product development skills
- Solve technical challenges
- Solve packaging challenges
- Functionality is key, but also mindful of cost, weight, quality, manufacturability, serviceability
- Follows best engineering and quality practices dFMEA, 8D, ISO standards, Lean
- Manage/Develop BOM’s
- Learn, understand, use parts management database
- Develop production BOM with manufacturing/operations team input
- Develop service BOM with ILS team input
- Interface with purchasing/supplier on part design/drawing content
- Familiarity with configuration management and change control processes
- Experience with ground vehicle features/systems
- Experience with manufacturing processes
- Ability to plan, estimate, execute within budget/schedule
- Ability to report up to management
- Ability to interface with customers/suppliers/coworkers to get results.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Products.
- Ability to travel (less than 10% of the time during development cycle)
- Self-driven/highly motivated
- Excellent communication skills
- Works well in team environment
- Performs well under pressure
- Organized and self-disciplined
- Positive attitude
- Good ethics and core values
- Deals well with ambiguity
- Customer focus
- Drives for results