The Product Engineer will support cross disciplinary development of PCR-based in vitro diagnostics products (Mechanical, Electrical, Systems, and Optical engineering and Biology). This is a hands-on engineering and biology lab based role reporting to the engineering manager.
- Engineering & Biologist support - EE, ME, Systems, Optics
- Prototype support and operation
- Assembly and repair of prototypes and subassemblies
- Component and assembly design in Solidworks
- System and subsystem bring-up and debug
- Lab management - Upkeep and Stocking
- 3D printing and basic machining
- Interfacing with contract manufacturers and service and component vendors
- Cable and harness assembly and design
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
- BS/BA in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or related discipline with 5+ years of relevant experience
- Experience with complex instrument prototyping and laboratory automation desired
- Working experience in developing clinical diagnostics or other biotech instrumentation
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Outstanding scientific, communication and organizational skills are a must
- Should be comfortable with handling bio-hazardous materials
- Identify and troubleshoot process, material, or equipment problems to minimize down time and recommend solutions.
- Proven experience developing PCR-based in vitro diagnostics products, with automated sample extraction.
Some travel may be required (10-15%)