In the business line RF Power, we design transmit and receive solutions for 5G, RF Power transistors and MMICs for Base Stations, Aerospace and Defense applications as well as RF Energy applications. We are looking for an experienced Product EngineerRF Power.
You will be a key team member of the Product Engineering team responsible for the release of RF Power discrete and MMIC RF Power devices into volume production. The Product Engineer leads the validation and qualification phase of MACOM’s RF Power products in a hands-on way.
You define, you test, you report, you improve. The Product Engineer will interact closely with Technology, Assembly, Design, Test and Reliability Engineering as well as Applications and Marketing. You will work across multiple sites, domestically and internationally, with internal and external partners.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- You define the schedule, you organize and lead the validation and qualification phase of our RF Power products,
- You work with our technology, assembly, engineering and production teams to ensure that we are able to produce products with good consistency,
- You monitor yield and you define yield improvement actions.
- You ensure that the DC, RF and S-Parameter performance measured by the development team correlates with the performance measured in our production site.
- You generate production tests plans to verify RF Power Discrete and MMIC product performance,
- You duplicate and correlate the production test fixture that has been defined by the development organization, and you report your findings in the form of detailed test reports,
- You analyze and summarize data on larger amounts of samples from different wafer and assembly lots using a sound statistical approach,
- You are responsible for the transfer of our RF Power products into a production environment, and you make sure that all documentation for hardware, BOMs and software are in place,
- You define the test strategy and test fixtures (DC, RF and SPAR) for our RF Power devices, together with our Test Engineering group,
- You drive and support the quality organization during the product reliability phase.
- You have a BS in Electrical Engineering, or equivalent – Masters degree is a plus
- You have 3 to 5 years of experience as a Product Engineer in the semiconductor field, preferably with an emphasis on RF Power devices.
- You have knowledge of 6 sigma practices,
- You have knowledge of process technology, preferably GaN RF Power technology is a plus,
- You have strong practical RF Power measurement skills,
- You have strong electrical, thermal, and mechanical knowledge as it relates to RF Power devices and RF Power test fixtures,
- You have good verbal and written communication skills, and you take pride in writing detailed and thorough reports,
- You are a problem solver,
- You are a team player and are used to working in a multi-site environment,
- You take initiative and are driven by quality.
- Fluency in spoken and written English