$80K — $100K *
Day in the life:
• Responsible for new product development as it relates to minimally invasive procedures (disposable and capital) for treating musculoskeletal disorders and pain associated with musculoskeletal disorders. Responsible for design optimization, design verification and validation, new test method development, and support post commercial release
• Responsible for production support engineering (released product) with respect to testing methods, procedures, and problems; device specification and yield problems; minor redesign of devices and masks; analysis of customer returns; supplier related engineering changes and optimizing device production relative to cost constraints.
• Assumes responsibility for device and/or internally produced or externally purchased components after transfer into high-volume production and usually responsible for entire device manufacturing operations other than wafer fabrication.
• May assist customer in device usage problems or customer testing of complex devices.
• May assist sales field and marketing organization with product definition as it relates to long term strategy in minimally invasive therapies
Must Have: Minimum Qualifications
- Bachelor's Degree in an Engineering discipline or related technical field
- 4+ years of experience with Bachelors Degree OR 2+ years of experience with an Advanced Degree
Nice to Have
• Intermediate to advanced levels of statistics as it related to design of experiments, regression analysis, measurement system analysis, hypothesis testing, non-parametric statistical analysis, etc. Previous experience with six-sigma concepts is a plus.
• Intermediate to advanced mathematical modeling as it relates to solid mechanics, heat transfer, computational fluid dynamics, multiphysics. Solid knowledge of ANSYS FEM software highly desired.
• Knowledge of polymer processing and catheter (rigid and flexible) design and manufacture such as reflow, welding, soldering, small-part assembly, etc. Radiofrequency ablation probe design and manufacturing highly desired.
• Intermediate to advanced knowledge of thermoplastic component design such as injection molding, extrusion, forming, bonding, annealing, etc.
• Good theoretical analysis foundation in areas of strength of material, heat transfer, electrical circuitry, biomechanics
• Basic to intermediate knowledge in robot-assisted as well as image-guided minimally invasive procedures is highly desirable.
• Basic understanding of electrical system and their interaction with human anatomy. Agency testing of RF systems is a plus.
• Basic knowledge and understanding of software development and certification process. Basic knowledge of C, Python, Matlab, is recommended.
Valid through: 1/27/2021