Location: Remote; physically located in the US (EST preferred)
KAR is an auction company powering the world’s most advanced and integrated mobile, digital and physical auction marketplaces. Headquartered in Carmel, Indiana, KAR has 10,000 employees and maintains business units across the United States, Canada, Mexico, the UK, and Europe. Together, the KAR brands provide a complete re‐marketing solution for our customers.
We are seeking a talented Senior Product Engineer that will leverage their experience, skills, and knowledge to help us transform ADESA's physical auction management platform into a modern and scalable system that will serve as the foundation for business innovation and growth in the future.
What You Will Be Doing:
- Be a collaborative member of an autonomous cross-functional team to define, build, test and deliver innovative enterprise-grade solutions.
- Delivering value to our business, emphasizing outcomes over output.
- Working in a stable business environment with strong organizational and management support, so you can focus on your craft. Mastery, Autonomy and Purpose are core tenants that serve to drive us every day.
What You Need to Be Successful:
- Proven ability to deliver high quality enterprise solutions
- Experience with large, complex, and highly scalable systems
- Experience in an object-oriented language such as Java/C#
- Experience in some cloud-based hosting model
- Service API development, REST/JSON
- Exposure to the data tier with any sort of database, either transactional or NoSQL
- Worked with Continuous Integration and Delivery
- Automated Testing (Unit, Integration, Functional)
- Agile/Scrum processes
- Ability to troubleshoot issues throughout the tech stack and environment
- Experience in migrating existing code to modern solutions
- Strong attention to details
Preferred Skills, this is the tech stack we use:
- Azure PaaS – Functions, App Services, Service Bus, Cosmos DB, Storage Accounts, MS SQL, Front Door
- C# - .NET Core Frameworks
- Azure DevOps for work management, source control, CI/CD
We want you to be well and thrive. Our benefits package includes:
- Competitive compensation
- Insurance coverage that includes medical, dental, vision and life insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Wellness program
- 401(k) with employer match
- Employee stock purchase program
- Paid holidays and generous paid time off
- Paid parental leave
- Learning and development resources
Job Code: R-238249