Innovation fuels us! That's why we are a world leader in providing building materials & OEM solutions. Whether creating new technologies or streamlining and improving existing products, our R&D teams take part in writing the next chapter of our history. Join our team as a Product Engineer in our beautiful Littleton, CO Technical Center, and help develop new or improved products to increase sales and boost Johns Manville's competitive advantage.
The Senior Product Engineer is responsible for developing new products and enhancing existing products for the Insulation Systems business unit to increase sales and provide Johns Manville with a competitive advantage. The Product Engineer will be responsible for leading projects, conducting research, designing and running pilot/plant trials, developing intellectual property, and providing strategic technical direction for the HVAC and OEM insulation product lines.
· Lead and manage projects resulting in significant business advantage to Insulation Systems
· Provide strategic technical direction for major programs that may have a business unit and/or operating group impact
· Develop patents, trade secrets and/or other intellectual property that provides a strategic business advantage
· Actively participate in laboratory bench work and product trials with technicians and operators
· Provide core product engineering support for the HVAC and OEM insulation product lines.
· Maintain finished product specifications and support plant quality to ensure product performance meets industry standards.
· Keep informed of competitors' product actions, performance, and improvements through product testing to maintain and improve on JM's competitive advantage in the market.
· Support plant regulatory requirements by being the technical contact with code agencies and external test laboratories.
· Support new product development and commercialization projects within the Performance Materials portfolio.
· May be required to perform other related duties as assigned
Required Qualifications / Education:
· Bachelor's degree in Science or Engineering with a minimum of 5 years of process/product engineering work experience
· Proven ability to partner with business teams and develop technical strategies
· Proven project management skills
· Strong leadership skills
· Strong interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
· Proven analytical and quality improvement ability
· Ability to work independently and in a team environment
· Ability to interface at all levels of the organization, both internally and externally
· Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook
· Supervises/Leads individuals or a project team to achieve milestones and objectives by setting priorities and providing direction. May provide feedback for performance evaluations.
· Travel required is project dependent up to 25%
· Work environment is typical of a research and development facility; when running pilot/plant trails may be exposed to environmental conditions of cold, heat, high noise levels, moving mechanical parts, heights, dust/mist/gas/fumes, extensive walking or climbing, etc.
· Bachelor's or Master's degree in Chemical Engineering or Materials Science preferred
· Manufacturing and product scale up experience preferred
· Building materials and OEM products experience is a plus
Valid Through: 2019-11-11