$80K - $100K(Ladders Estimates)
Detroit, MI 48201
Industry: Manufacturing & Automotive•
5 - 7 years
Posted 59 days ago
We are AAM. We have the POWER to move the world.
At AAM, we're looking for associates who push boundaries and drive solutions for the future. Innovators. Thinkers. Dreamers. Doers. No matter the role or function, every associate is a piece of what makes AAM great. We're growing and building #TeamAAM to be the best. Join us!
Job Posting Title
Senior Product EngineerJob Description Summary
Responsible to release engineering sub-systems and components, including technical integrity of the subsystem or components, adherence to the internal design standards and engineering project/system requirements, timely completion of deliverables, within engineering project budget (concept through launch) as directed by PrincipalSystems Engineer. Engineering project team member from concept design through final system launch and will serve as key interface for specific sub-system or component.Job Description
· Has responsibility for sub-system or component within the product system from concept design through full manufacturing launch in accordance with PE-PDP and program launch gate deliverables as defined by Principal Systems Engineer.
· Utilizes computer aided engineering (CAE) methodologies and results to drive the design of sub-systems and components.
· Works with cross-functional and cross-region resources in the execution of development of new sub-system or components based on requirements and supports the integration of those new components into the organization's portfolio of products.
· Continually identify and capitalize on efficiencies throughout the design process across multiple areas of engineering.
· Utilize cost engineering to fully understand cost implications of part design and overall pricing to deliver product systems within agreed costed bill of materials (BOM).
· Will assist the Principal Systems Engineer, working with systems engineering and services to release designs on time.
· Supports peer reviews and monthly engineering project status reviews throughout process, with focus on design standards and project expectations.
· Conduct technical reviews with suppliers, internal Product/Application engineering groups, and OEM customers
· Supports creation of engineering project plans, negotiated with internal engineering service functions, to meet engineering project milestones and deliverables.
· Actively share learning and contribute to continuous improvement initiatives.
· Responsible for the design and release of components
Required Skills and Education
· Must possess a bachelor's degree in relevant engineering and 5+ years of product development experience.
· Experience with full cycle product launch from concept to start of production within engineering product development processes.
· Ability to read engineering drawings and technical specifications
· Ability to perform in-depth GD&T in application stack calculations
· Highly motivated individual with multi-tasking project skills
· Strong decision-making, technical aptitude & research skills
· Strong interpersonal, organizational, and team based skills
About American Axle & Manufacturing
For over 20 years, customers around the world have entrusted AAM to design, engineer, validate and manufacture driveline, metal forming, powertrain, and casting technologies for automotive, commercial and industrial markets. Today, we are a premier global Tier 1 automotive supplier with broad capabilities across multiple product lines to deliver efficient, powerful and innovative solutions for our customers. We've earned the trust of our suppliers and our customers through our steadfast commitments to quality, operational excellence and technology leadership.
AAM delivers power. We deliver power literally through vehicle components, systems and innovation, but we also deliver power in ways unseen. We power our associates, their families, and the communities in which we operate. Our global team of over 25,000 associates has a clear vision of where AAM is going and how we are going to get there. After all, they are the reason we are a leader in the automotive industry. We are powering the future. We are AAM. Move with us, and join #TeamAAM.
AAM will not discriminate against any Associate or applicant for employment because of age, race, color, gender, religion, weight, height, marital status, sexual orientation, genetic history or information, gender identity or expression, disability, protected veteran status, national origin, or other characteristic protected by law. AAM will take affirmative action to ensure that applicants are employed, and that Associates are treated equally during employment, without regard to their age, race, color, gender, religion, weight, height, marital status, sexual orientation, genetic history or information, gender identity or expression, disability, protected veteran status, national origin, or other characteristic protected by law. For the Disabled Job Seeker: We offer reasonable accommodations for qualified disabled individuals who are applicants for employment.
Valid Through: 2019-9-13