Position Title Senior Product Development Scientist - Adhesives - WI #3607
Location Green Bay Wisconsin
Due to our continued growth, Company is actively seeking a Senior Product Development Scientist - Adhesives.
The Coated Products Operations manufactures pressure sensitive label stock, utilizing a variety of face stock, adhesive and release liner combinations.
Responsibilities will include:
* Work closely with Sales & Marketing to define gaps in company's product portfolio and find new opportunities within the pressure sensitive industry that can provide growth.
* Work directly with customers to define customer wants, needs & potential customer value.
* Develop new products that are robust in design and have strong financial returns.
* Work closely with Purchasing and Manufacturing to assure product development initiatives are well managed from an overall cost perspective.
* Be an internal technical expert in all areas of adhesives and PSA's in particular.
* Stay abreast of new adhesive technologies and evolving trends in the PSA industry.
* Successfully qualify new raw materials in a timely fashion.
This position will report directly to the Senior Director, R&D / Technical
The ideal candidate will have:
- A minimum of 5 years of Technical/Product Development experience in a related industry is required.
- A strong background in adhesives and pressure sensitive products.
- Knowledge of paper, films, release liners and converting processes is desirable.
- BS degree in Science or Engineering is required, an advanced degree is a plus.
Bottom line requirements we need notes on with candidate submittal:
1. Bachelor's degree in Science or Engineering is required. Advanced degree is a plus.
2. 5+ years of Technical/Product Development experience in a related industry.
3. Strong background in adhesives and pressure sensitive products.
4. Knowledge of paper, films, release liners and converting processes is desirable.