Req ID: 28711
Travel: Less than 20%
Location: McLean, VA, US, 22102
Education: Four-year college degree
Experience: At least 3 years of experience required
Equivalency: Combination of education/experience not considered
Your role in helping us shape the future:
Join an innovative team that is responsible for transforming the customer experience by creating and bringing tomarket new products and services based upon globalized connectivity without boundaries. We reach beyond thetraditional satellite industry and the broader communications landscape. As part of the Intelsat vision, we will define new products with the performance, features, and flexibility required to open new profitable markets, drive new revenue streams and ensure the most reliable and secure communications globally. To accomplish our goal, we are looking for bold thinkers who will continue our legacy of innovation for decades to come.
Successfully define, develop, and manage 3rd party integrations and customer facing portal in support of Media managed connectivity and advanced media products and services. Responsible and accountable for ideation, business case development, value proposition, go-to-market positioning and product upgrades/product improvement. Clearly articulate the product and service value, vision and Intelsat position to internal and external audiences.
Are you up to the challenge?
- Lead the development and delivery of the integrated customer facing Media portal.
- Facilitate and spearhead integration and management of 3rd party advanced media service providers.
- Identify market trends and opportunities for expansion of Media business and communicate data to Corporate Strategy for research and analysis.
- In collaboration with Strategy oversee research and analysis for new products and services.
- Responsible for creating and producing product development communications.
- Build relationships with internal and external stakeholders as the product development trusted advisor.
- Drive new product launches with Sales, product marketing teams and thru channel partners and provide ongoing support to the sales teams to achieve product success.
- Work with strategic partners to identify market opportunities and drive product initiatives.
- Continuously review the competitive landscape comparing overall design and feature set of managed services portal to ensure they remain differentiated and competitive.
- Evaluate and recommend partnership expansion initiatives that would enhance Intelsat's position in the market space.
You should definitely have:
- A 4-year degree in Business or Technology from an accredited university.
- At least 3-years of relevant experience working with APIs, external data sources, virtual environments and user experience design.
- Understanding of product management principles, methodologies.
- Ability and willingness to travel domestically and internationally up to 30% as needed, to meet business demands.
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office software suite (MS Excel, Access, Word and Outlook), collaboration software/tools (Atlassian suite, MS Project, Asana, Trello, etc.)
- Effective written and oral English language communication skills, including polished presentation skills.
- Excellent organization skills, capability to manage multiple tasks, meet deadlines, and deliver accurate and quality work.
It would be nice if you had:
- Knowledge of satellite distribution, computer networking, digital media highly desired
- MBA or Advanced Degree
What it's like to work with us:
Intelsat is connecting the world and transforming the satellite landscape by reaching beyond the traditional satellite industry. We are defining new products that will open new, profitable markets. To help us reach this goal, you should be a bold thinker who will perform a key role in shaping Intelsat innovation for years to come.
- We emphasize personal and professional growth
- Awesome benefits including PTO, medical, tuition reimbursement, and training
- Fun, diverse, and inclusive culture
Other Job Info:
These statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employeesassigned to this job. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills requiredof employees assigned to this job.
Job requires ability to sit for long periods of time
- These statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this job. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of employees assigned to this job.
- Company description: Intelsat is the largest provider of fixed satellite services worldwide. We enable providers of media, telecom and government services to deliver information and entertainment to people at home, in the office or on the move. On a day-to-day basis, Intelsat supplies video, data and voice connectivity in approximately 200 countries and territories for approximately 1,800 customers, many of which Intelsat has had relationships with for over 30 years. Some of the world's leading media and communications companies, multinational corporations, Internet service providers and government/military organizations hallmark Intelsat's customer base. Customers access capacity through extensive service offerings, which include transponder services, hybrid managed services combining satellite capacity and terrestrial facilities, and channel services.
Nearest Major Market: Washington DC
Apply now »