More importantly, you will build relationships throughout the organization and represent the company and brand in line with our culture. You will act as an extension of the wider Product Development team. You maximize productivity for the team, enabling them to do their best work.
This role will report to the Sr Director of Product Development and is based at our HQ in SoHo, NYC.
What you’ll do:
- Manage end-to-end luggage product development, from timeline adherence, material sourcing, costing through to production handover.
- Be the voice of luggage Product Development cross functionally communicating product status, costing and suggesting process improvement where possible. Manage one direct report supporting luggage development
- Work with design to bring their vision to life, balancing cost and commercial requirements.
- Build and maintain material and component library for luggage in line with design needs and category vision.
- Work hand in hand with QC, Production, Sourcing, Packaging and other necessary teams ensuring product cycle deadlines are met and product standards are upheld.
- Manage factory allocation according to sourcing strategy.
- Source new suppliers based on category growth and needs.
- Facilitate day-to-day communications with existing suppliers and manufacturers focusing on in building strong and trusted relationships with overseas partners
- Partner with production on style handover ensuring specs and detailed product details are correct, problem solving any pre-production issues.
- Maintain various Product Development tools including accurate records of styles and costing.
Who you are:
- Have 5 years of full-time experience as a product developer preferably in luggage or hard goods.
- Strong understanding of construction of product, preferably in bags or soft goods.
- Product centric person with a strong sense of curiosity and problem solving.
- Experience working with global manufacturers and suppliers.