We are seeking a Product Development Engineer to provide expertise in the early stages of product development. Reporting to the Director of Product Development, the Sr. Engineer will work with Marketing and Design to help evaluate the feasibility of new product concepts from an engineering perspective. In addition, this role defines how a toy should function consistent with agreed Marketing and Design feature and performance objectives, quality and safety requirements, launch timing and cost constraints.
- Provide mechanical, electronic, or mechatronics engineering expertise throughout the new product development
- Examine parts/components to ascertain purpose, cost and value by utilizing knowledge of product design, development and cost engineering. Integrate budgetary considerations into evaluations
- Detailed design of components and products for manufacturing
- Participate in product brainstorming and help drive patented design solutions
- Achieve “proof of concept” on products
- Drive productivity by implementing design for manufacturing/assembly up front
- Understand COGS breakdown for product and identify opportunities to reduce complexity and/or cost Project Management
- Drive project schedules from concept to production start
- Partner with responsible departments to ensure all projects are delivered on-cost, on-spec, on-time
- Define and communicate product specifications to our global offices
- Use MS Project to manage & track key deliverables and proactively resolve future issues to keep the product on track, on cost, and on specification
- Improve efficiency in the engineering process through continuous improvement
- 3-5years in Product Engineeringexperience
- BS in Mechanical, Mechantronic, or ElectricalEngineering
- Toy or consumer good experiencepreferred
- Demonstrated ability to provide strong leadership to drive innovative yet cost-effective design solutions
- Experience with Remote Controlled Vehicle development and/or plastic products utilizing RF or IR communication
- Experience working with/managing creative and engineering professionals both within and outside the company
- Ability to thrive in a fast paced environment
- Strong interpersonal, communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize competing demands
- Desired: CAD skills. Preferably Solidworks.
- Demonstrates a "hands-on" team approach to solving problems