Job ID: NOB001945
Nobel Biocare is a world leader in the field of innovative implant-based dental restorations – from single-tooth to fully edentulous indications. Nobel Biocare offers you a great place to work by giving you the opportunity to grow and be recognized for your effort and achievements.
The Senior Product Development Engineer (SPDE) is responsible for leading technical projects and developing products according to the company’s Design Control and Idea to Market process. Products include both new product developments as well as maintaining the existing product portfolio such as cost reduction or quality improvement. The SPDE further acts as a general point of knowledge for technical expertise (SME) in the company’s products as well as the industry’s trends.
- Design and develop products according to the company’s Design Control and Idea to Market processes.
- Plan, perform and document design verification and validation activities.
- Lead projects within product development
- Ensure all required specifications and related documentation are in place in due time and quality to assure early milestone achievement (e.g. SG, KGM, Design Transfer etc).
- Manage external partners, suppliers, and KOLs in relation to assigned PD activities.
- Identify patentable designs and file patents in cooperation with the company’s IP department.
- Identify process and product improvements and support improvement requests for other departments.
- Be a central point of knowledge of and comply with all relevant PD guidelines and procedures such as Design Control and Idea to Market process.
- Continuously report to line and project manager achievements and escalates challenges in a timely manner.
- Bachelor's Degree in Science or equivalent in relevant field (biomedical or mechanical engineering).
- Further education in Medical Technology or Business Administration is a plus.
- 2+ years experience in relevant tools (3D CAD, SAP, Office), processes (DCP and ItM) and relevant SOPs.
- 1+ year of exposure and fundamental knowledge in CAD/CAM; use digital dentistry preferred.
- 7+ years of successful working experience in product development and / or technical project management in medical device or pharmaceutical industry, preferably in the dental industry.
- 5 + years of experience in leading global projects and teams in matrix organizations preferred
Qualified Candidates will possess:
- Good understanding of user needs, clinical and laboratory workflows to be able to translate customer needs into technical requirements and to perform customer visits with valuable feedback.