Design and development of electromechanical consumer floor care appliances.
- Act as technical team leader on medium to large projects, responsible for all technical aspects of the project
- Participate in initial product conception and feasibility studies.
- Create prototypes to prove technical feasibility
- Design parts for manufacture
- Participate in the development of comprehensive test plans.
- Analyze test results and understand product performance.
- Assure that all CAD data is correct and complete for projects.
- Specify and select purchased components.
- Set clear and thorough part and material specifications for the product.
- Create a learning plan, schedule tasks and estimate technical resources
- Coaching, mentoring and possible supervision of junior engineers and designers
ENVIRONMENT: Cross functional, collocated team setting.
- Interaction with Industrial Design, CAD, Marketing, Buyers, Operations, Test, etc
- Fast paced, fact based decision making
- Concept to production involvement in projects
- Limited travel
Job Number1900059Job Requirements
- Degree minimum:
- Bachelors degree in Mechanical Engineering required
- Experience level:
- 7 years of experience in product development
PREFERRED EXPERIENCE/EDUCATION: (i.e. MBA, certifications, etc.)
- 3D CAD and geometric dimensioning
- Exposure to finite element analysis
- Fluid or air moving products
- Design for Assembly Analysis
- Failure Modes and Effect Analysis
- Project management
- Design of Experiments (Taguchi)
- Utility patents
- Supervisory experience
SPECIALIZED TRAINING OR SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Strength in engineering fundamentals
- Analytical approach to problems
- Basic personal computer skills
- Electromechanical consumer products
- UL approved products
- Test development and results analysis
- Project scheduling and tracking
- Plastic part design
- Team environment with cross functional collaboration