Performs advanced engineering tasks with limited direct supervision. Acts as lead mentor to the engineering design team in development projects throughout the entire cycle from initial concept through successful completion. Identifies projects of value to the company. Identifies company needs and leads brainstorming activities to meet those needs. Ensures compliance with established safety and design standards
- Manages all aspects of a complex and significant engineering project, from start to finish, so that it is completed on time and within budget
- Uses and applies advanced engineering principles within a particular field of specialization.
- User of CAE tools such as Solidworks, MATLAB, LabView, Minitab, EES, CFD, FEA.
- Develops and applies engineering standards and procedures, and provides advice on issues within the engineering field.
- Helps to effectively communicate technical material to internal business units.
- Demonstrates excellent analytical skills for reviewing costs and preparing budgetreports.
- Balances & prioritizes multiple projects within schedule and budget. May help coordinate projects with outside funding.
- Identifies company needs and leads brainstorming activities to meet those needs.
- Develops systems and documentation for specific programs that ensure that products and services provided meet all contractual and program quality requirements.
- Leads project meetings and prepares reports to communicate the status of the project within and beyond the project team.
- A Bachelor's degree in engineering or another related discipline is a must-have
- A minimum of 4-5 years of work experience in product design engineering is required; new product design, existing product redesign and evaluating the feasibility and cost of designs is necessary.
- 6 Sigma or FMEA experience a plus
- Working knowledge of ANSI, UL Standards or the National Fuel Gas Code is preferred.
- Excellent communication and organization skills
- Strong project management and demonstrated leadership skills
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of manager, clients, customers, and the general public
- Ability to analyze and resolve issues quickly through root cause analysis
- Knowledge of SAP and MRP systems is a plus
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office is needed; CAD and solid modelling experience is preferred