What You'll Do
You'll have opportunities to speak up, solve problems, lead others, and be an owner every day as you . . .
- Manage project schedules to meet critical company milestones
- Ensure new developments meet target costs and margin requirements
- Generate Request for Quote (RFQ) bid packages for new developments and manage review/selection process
- Collaborate with Engineering to review designer and supplier drawings to ensure adherence to design intent and product performance/quality.
- Facilitate prototyping with Engineering and/or Suppliers
- Conduct in-depth review of prototypes to ensure products meet or exceed all standards for: build quality, ease of assembly, packaging, comfort, value, etc.
- Collaborate with Supply Chain/Sourcing and Compliance to ensure all regulatory, sustainability, and performance documentation are obtained from the suppliers.
- Collaborate with Engineering and Compliance to facilitate all performance and packaging testing.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams in Fulfillment and Supply Chain/Sourcing to award programs to suppliers and establish the most effective value stream/supply chain.
- Create quality criteria for all new programs and maintain/develop Quality Assurance Protocol with Suppliers.
- Communicate key issues (i.e., schedules, resource constraints, launch plans) in a clear and timely manner to the category leadership.
- Lead weekly meetings with cross-functional teams to share progress on new developments and conduct prototype/design reviews.
- Coach and mentors junior team members. Accountable for maintaining a positive working environment.
- Performs additional responsibilities as requested to achieve business objectives.
Sound Like You?
You might be just who we’re looking for if you have . . .
- A Bachelor's degree in Industrial Design, Business, or a related field.
- Five years of experience in development-related functions and disciplines.
- Experience with a major new product commercialization, including full development and launch cycle.
- 3D CAD and Adobe Creative Suite skills (preferred).
- Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint) skills.
- Willingness to travel globally.
- Knowledge of furniture construction and furniture market landscape (preferred).
- Luxury/high end experience (preferred).
- Excellent program/project management skills, as demonstrated through the successful achievement of assigned objectives.
- A developmental, entrepreneurial mind set with abstract analysis skills and a logical, but flexible approach.
- Willingness to take initiative and accept accountability with a strong sense of ownership over your work.
- A high level of personal integrity and business ethics.
- Expert written/verbal communication skills and the ability to present complex concepts in a concise and understandable way to a variety of audiences.
- The ability to manage and develop essential peer, subordinate, and management relationships.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, particularly communicating with team members across cultures and functions.
- Financial literacy and business acumen with the ability to objectively assess projects and teams.
- The ability to perform all essential job functions of the position with or without accommodations.