We’re looking for a full time Senior Product Designer to help us improve the financial lives of hundreds of thousands of people across the US. Our UX Team’s mission is to provide value to users through effortless experiences that save time, empower good decisions, reduce stress, and inspire trust. We’re looking for excellent designers to join our team and help us deliver value to our users in new and better ways.
As a member of a small, collaborative and cross-functional team, you’ll own design for your product area. You’ll get to run the entire User Centered Design Process for each feature or product you own.
- Position Location - This role is available across the US. You may work remotely or out of one of our offices in San Mateo, CA; Columbus, OH; and Austin, TX.
- Time Zone Requirements - This team operates in all US time zones
- Travel Requirements - This team has regular on-site collaboration sessions. These occur 2-3 days per Month at our San Mateo or Columbus office. If you need to travel to make these meetups, Upstart will cover all travel related expenses.
How you’ll make an impact:
- Take projects from ideas to launch following the User Centered Design Process
- Design user experiences that lead to user satisfaction and improved conversion rates
- Collaborate with PMs and Engineers to launch high-quality features for our users
- Leverage user research to drive business decisions and define new features
Here is what we are looking for:
- Required Qualifications:
- 4+ years experience designing and launching high quality digital products
- Strong portfolio showing the User Centered Design Process and strong UX skills
- Skilled with Figma/Sketch/XD or another similar tool
- Clear communicator and collaborator who is comfortable giving and taking design feedback, presenting to stakeholders and driving consensus around a common goal
- Preferred Qualifications:
- Can successfully run user research studies and translate the learnings into business and/or design decisions
- Experience working with engineers in the Agile software development framework
- Skilled at solving design challenges in complex domains like Finance, Healthcare, Education or B2B
- Ability to run Discovery & Framing type processes for ambiguous features or products
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in design-related or engineering-related field
What you’ll love:
- Competitive Compensation (base + bonus & equity)
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Personal Development and Technology & Ergonomic Budgets
- Life insurance and disability benefits
- Clubs and Activities (Game Nights, Fitstarters, Superwomen, Book Club, Investing Club, Money Discussions, Photography Club and Basketball teams)
- Generous vacation policy
- 401(k) and Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP)
- Catered lunches + snacks & drinks