At Prodigy Education, we have an incredible team that works tirelessly to turn our goal of making education a human right into a reality. We are immensely grateful for our amazing team and all they do every day. We welcome people who share our passion to join our team, where you will have the opportunity to help an entire generation of students to LOVE learning.
Our passion is our mission - to help every student in the world love learning!
Please note: During the Covid-19 pandemic, in order to keep all our candidates safe, Prodigy is hiring and on-boarding 100% remotely for the time being.
- Our Design team is growing rapidly as we continue to hit our product and growth milestones, it's an exciting time for the company!
- As a Product Designer on the Tutoring team, you'll be breaking ground on a new business venture for our company.
- You will be discovering new value and creating new experiences for multiple user types.
- Use a mix of generative and evaluative research methods to learn about our users, and bring those insights back to the team
- Identify, investigate and validate complex design problems
- Rapidly produce multiple concepts and prototypes; knowing when to apply pixel-perfect attention to detail, and when to make low-fi sketches and prototypes
- Work in a cross-functional team with developers and QA to ensure that we iterate quickly while maintaining an appropriate level of quality
- Help us build out new platforms and experiences for new groups of users
Who You Are:
- You have 5+ years of experience as a Product Designer (or equivalent)You have knowledge and experience for designing responsive web experiences
- Experience using metrics to validate and inform your product decisions
- You have worked with a Design System and/or a component library and are comfortable working within technical constraints
- You have the ability to apply your design skills in product, interaction, and visual design to help create and build new features
- Not afraid to stretch yourself outside of your comfort zone to take on new challenges, and have a love for continuous learning
- Proficiency with current design tools such as Figma, Dovetail
- Experience creating wireframes, user-flows, and interactive prototypes
- Solid written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present a strong rationale for design decisions and represent the voice of the user
- A portfolio of projects that demonstrate your design expertise
Bonus Points For:
- Previous experience designing within Ed-tech or for a Parent-based product
- Previous experience working on growth while collaborating with the marketing department
- Experience with 2D animation, advanced CSS techniques, or front end development
What We Offer:
- The opportunity to build a career of value and witness first hand the impact Prodigy has as the most engaging math platform in the world!
- A culture of transparency, where team members are involved in important conversations
- No micromanaging here! We believe in our employees skills and abilities, we encourage you to bring new innovative ideas to your team
- Full health benefits from day one (1) for you and your family, fully covered! Nothing is ever taken off your pay cheque
- We are a profitable company, with eligibility to participate in stock options for all employees
- Late or early riser? We understand! We offer flexible working hours that allow you to schedule your 8 hour day with a bit more flexibility. We do have core office hours, to ensure team members can be present for important meetings and department needs. Our core office hours are 10:30am - 3:00pm
While we operate 100% remotely for the time being, our company culture and values remain at the core of everything we do. We are offering a number of remote-friendly activities such as:
- Virtual trivia
- Zoom meditation, stretching, and fitness sessions
- Daily remote challenges via Slack
- Virtual "Prodigy Prepares" cooking series featuring our very own employees!
- Remote work employee budget for things like home office equipment etc.
When this pandemic comes to an end and it is safe to be back in the office. Here's a glimpse into what you can expect:
- Feel like a different work environment? Work from home 1x a week!
- Team building events that not only include you as a Prodigy employee, but your significant other and children as well
- Company pizza lunch every second week for 'All Hands', where we discuss important Prodigy milestones
- Do you need some fun to help break up your day? We have that covered! Join in some Ping Pong games, Smash Bros competitions or board games!