We have built out an application that is a level of design quality head and shoulders above our competitors, and most of the SaaS industry. For us, being better than other SaaS products isn't our goal - being the absolute best in the history of product design is our aim.
The Senior Product Designer role is a pivotal role that sets the aesthetic vision for the entire product, both for the core application and for how we integrate into other products. The person in this role will be given the responsibility (and elbow room) to take something that is highly functional, and beloved by our users, and take it to the next level. Our engineers are chomping at the bit to take your vision and make it reality.
We're waiting for you to show up and take the reins.
Your Daily Adventures Will Include
- Come in and learn our product, learn why we've built things the way they are today based on the needs of our users
- Develop a vision for how our product should look and feel
- Get buy-in from the team on visual direction
- Evangelize the aesthetic across the Product and Engineering Teams - get people excited (this won't be challenging)
- Prototype component designs in CSS and build out the application style guide that all of our product follows, so that any engineer or product manager can interpret and follow
- Application upgrades
- Over time, review our application end-to-end for UX concerns and upgrade opportunities
- Work to understand where the product as a whole is going so you can prioritize what we can expect to replace with wholly new product, and what we need to upgrade
- Determine the appropriate order to tackle UX upgrades by working within the Product Team to manage our engineering resources for small/medium/large efforts
- New features design
- Work with the Product Team on net new product design to ensure it follows product design standards you set
- Determine when newly introduced product we need to build constitutes net new UX we need to design and standardize as a part of our style guide
- 6+years of relevant design experience (in-house experience preferred)
- Obsessed with pixels, and with interaction
- Know how to inspire and influence people to a vision of product design
- Focus on designing functional and delightful UX for the real people using the software day to day
- Think about UX in terms of how people interact with something, not just what it looks like in a static state.
- Excited to get into prototyping the UX in real environments with CSS or prototyping tools
- Deeply care about delivering value quickly to the customer, and you take a highly iterative approach to your design
- Desire to work on a product that has traction, and at a company that is already crushing it; you want to be the person who takes a user experience that is already pretty good, and make it completely amazing
- You embody our core values. We are hungry craftspeople, we have grit, we are honest, we take ownership, we have each other's back no matter what, we're one with our customers, and we find strength in diversity and inclusion