We believe that happy teams take good care of their customers, so we foster a friendly, open, introspective team culture that encourages everyone to speak their mind and deliberately avoids red tape, unnecessary rituals, politics, and jerks.
We believe we can only succeed if we deeply understand our customers and get to know them personally. We spend a lot of time with law enforcement officers to learn about their needs, watch their experience and see the real impact of our work. Your first ride-along with a patrol officer will forever change your perception of what the job is, and what the city is like.
- Partner closely with Product Management on initial product definition and ongoing product evolution and execution. Shape strategy and direction for the highest priority product investments.
- Build alignment and articulate vision through strong storytelling and presentations skills.
- Lead product design for enterprise web and mobile applications for an agency’s incident reporting. You'll own the full design process, from initial research and discovery through concepting, detailed designs, prototyping, testing and working with Engineering on implementation.
- Turn complex interactions involving a diverse set of users, a complex physical environment, social interactions, regional differences, and an ecosystem of hardware devices and software applications, into simple experience solutions.
- Collaborate with Product Managers and UX Researchers to initiate, execute, and extract insights using a variety of research methods: observational, interviews, participatory, usability testing, competitive analysis, etc.
- Collaborate with other design leads across product teams to ensure great user experiences across all of our products.
- Participate in hiring across the larger product design and product management & engineering organizations keeping a high bar.
- Think in terms of broad platform and systems strategy rather than siloed features.
- Contribute to defining global design patterns, vision, and processes for Axon products.
- Contribute to defining the general product design vision and process at Axon.
- Be an ambassador, mentor other designers and champion for the design culture at Axon.
- Present products and feature ideas and execution up to executive level.
- 6+ years of product design experience with at least 2 years of them leading major product design initiatives.
- Bachelor's degree in Interaction Design, Graphic Design, Industrial Design, HCI or related field. A master's degree is considered a plus.
- 5+ years experience shipping experiences with a moderate to high level of complexity (enterprise or complex consumer workflows rather than simple consumer flows).
- A proven track record of user-centered design processes and methodology to product definition, design, and development. You have experience with every stage of the design process, including: research, sketches, wireframes, high fidelity mock-ups, prototyping, and usability testing.
- You enjoy collaborating on early product definition as much as you enjoy working with the larger product and engineering teams on implementation.
- Strong conceptual skills and proven ability to rapidly prototype and design to communicate ideas to others.
- A broad skillset with deep specialization in at least one area (IA, UX, visual, etc).
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to clearly explain your ideas and decisions in a way that anyone can understand.
- Highly knowledgeable of the latest design tools and proficient at quickly learning new ones. We currently use Figma, but are always evaluating new tools.
- Able to function both independently and in a collaborative team environment. Comfortable in both leader and follower roles.
- Unbounded curiosity and sense of adventure.
- A great portfolio available for review.
Compensation and Benefits:
- Competitive salary and 401K with employer match
- Discretionary paid time off
- Robust parental leave policy
- An award-winning office/working environment
- Ride along with police officers to see them use our technology and get inspired
- And more...