Senior Product Designer II, Growth & Discovery
Design • Mountain View, CA
Coursera is scaling a global platform to provide universal access to the world’s best education, and we’re motivated by the passion and mission to transform lives through learning. Our platform has reached over 30 million learners worldwide and we have partnered with 150+ elite universities around the globe with over 2,000 courses in our catalog. We offer Courses, Specializations, Certificates, and Degrees to meet the needs and goals of the diverse learners who come toCoursera.
In 2016, we began offering fully accredited online Masters degrees which provide a more convenient, lower-cost, “stackable” means of earning credentials identical to their traditional on-campus counterparts. We also launched Coursera for Business, partnering with enterprise companies around the world to provide access to curated skill development for their employees.
The Coursera Growth Team is focused on connecting learners with the right pathways to reach their educational goals. From the moment someone first encounters Coursera we craft experiences that make it simple and seamless to find the right content at the right time. We are responsible for motivating and guiding learners through their journey of discovery on the Coursera platform.
You will have the opportunity to take a lead role on the team designing the discovery, recommendation, and personalization experiences. The experience of learning and transformation is inherently challenging. Your work as a designer will be to create simplicity from complexity and influence everything from the most micro interaction to full university degrees online. Our goals are monumental and we need extraordinary designers to realize them.
You personally exhibit a conviction that the world needs Coursera to be wildly successful and alignment to our core values:
- Betterment: a tireless pursuit to drive results
- Boldness: take risks and act decisively
- Deep Honesty: invite and offer candid feedback in order to learn, change, and grow
- Solidarity: recognize that we are part of something bigger than ourselves and are committed to our mission
- Leverage your product, interaction, and visual design skills to create delightful experiences that empower learners and partners
- Partner with product managers, engineers and research to create a product from the initial definition to shipment
- Envision new experiences based on user insights and product goals
- Design across multiple form factors including web, iOS and Android
- Able to guide and mentor other designers, when necessary, on large projects
- 7+ years of experience in product design
- Strong desire to have a large stake in a deeply collaborative team
- Strategic mindset and the ability to formulate strong points of view that advocate for the user
- Ability to articulate your design criteria and UX decisions with verbal and visual communication skills
- Practiced in design research methodologies and the ability to collaborate closely with the research team
- Well versed in creation of flows and UI for all types of digital product design including web, tablet and mobile