We believe that everyone benefits from their biological information. It is our mission to empower every person to improve their life through DNA. With our high-quality, trusted partners and state-of-the-art lab, we have created the first platform of personalized products and services powered by genetics. From inherited cancer screening to custom fitness and nutrition plans, the world of DNA learning is becoming more accessible and more valuable than ever.
So far we have raised over $300 million from investors like Illumina (the world’s leader in genetic sequencing equipment), Warburg Pincus, Sutter Hill Ventures, Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers and Draper Fisher Jurvetson Growth. Our app store and marketplace include partners such as National Geographic, Admera Health, Vinome and many others, with whom we have partnered to develop applications which interpret your genome.
Our big vision comes with big responsibility. That’s why we’re building a team of experts in the field of genetics, engineering, design, business development, and beyond to help bring actionable insights to our customers. We’re looking for the best and brightest minds who are passionate about our mission and are excited to work with a truly diverse team.
With the backing from the market leader in DNA sequencing Illumina, Helix is creating the world’s first platform for consumers to get sequenced and gain these insights in their DNA through an ecosystem of high-quality partners such as Mayo Clinic, National Geographic, and Mount Sinai. From health and wellness to family planning and ancestry, the world of DNA learning is more accessible and valuable than ever. And as our partners grow, so will the opportunity for discovery.
We believe that design is a critical enabler of this mission. This is a unique opportunity to shape the way people understand, interact with, and benefit from their own genetic code. Come join our team to design meaningful products that every single person can benefit from.
As a Senior Product Designer, you will:
- Design for the entire Helix consumer experience and its lifecycle
- Deliver throughout the entire design process (research through pixels).
- Contribute to design research programs (qualitative research) with the purpose of generating insights into consumers and testing assumptions
- Prototype designs, including motion and animations.
- Multi-task and work efficiently and effectively in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
- Translate user needs, business goals, and science and technology constraints into great digital product experiences.
- Work closely with product managers, engineers, and scientists on defining and influencing requirements and constraints.
- Iterate quickly based on design reviews, usability testing, A/B testing, and customer feedback.
- Geek out on design and genetics.
- Contribute to the culture of design at Helix.
An ideal candidate will have:
- 6+ years of in-house product design experience where you’ve shipped and maintained great consumer products.
- Experience in top product design firms is strongly valued.
- Excellent presentation, written, and verbal communication skills.
- Experience working with executive level individuals and teams.
- A highly collaborative attitude and work style.
What Helix has to offer you
Aside from working alongside brilliant, dedicated, passionate, down-to-earth, curious, warm, and thoughtful people, we also provide great benefits:
- Competitive compensation, including meaningful equity
- Health insurance, including medical, dental, and vision
- 12 weeks of Maternity or Paternity leave
- 4 weeks of paid Pregnancy Disability
- 401(k) with employer matching
- On-premise nursing room
- Corporate fitness rate
- Commuter benefits
- Catered meals
- Flexible PTO