As a Senior Product Designer within the Consumer Products portfolio, you will tackle unique challenges and create opportunities to reimagine mobile web and desktop experiences in a way that blends car buyer and car seller goals to drive results for the business. You will collaborate with multiple teams across the portfolio to understand user needs to synthesize felicitous and clever experiences.
You will drive problem solving and innovative solutions for specific teams and the entire portfolio at all steps of the design process. You’ll drive a deeper understanding of user needs, hypothesize many solutions to challenges, qualify low fidelity concepts, test high fidelity solutions, and iterate on successful experiences. Your excellent collaboration and communication skills will be crucial in helping you socialize ideas and generate broad alignment among many teams working towards common outcomes under a unified strategy
As an Ideal candidate, you can showcase track record of clear and tangible results within product companies or dual-sided marketplaces. You have a strong bias for action; your desire to investigate ambiguity is matched only by your drive to start moving towards your goal. Your ability to balance the need for quality against rapid results will make you particularly suited for the drive to rapid results that is part of our DNA at Cars.com
Specifically, we’re looking for
- Bachelor’s or Master’s in HCI or a related discipline
- 5-7 years of professional experience as a product designer, interaction designer, ux designer, or comparable user experience professional
- A portfolio of work demonstrating experience creating great user-centered design solutions (flows, prototypes, wireframes) and solid visual designs (mockups and style guides) across desktop and mobile devices
- Fluency in best practices for mobile-first design, as well as strong knowledge of usability principles and techniques
- Ability to create a wide range of prototypes suitable to fluidly changing testing needs. Simple concepts, paper prototypes to clickable, high-fidelity testing artifacts.
- Experience driving the design process from start to finish — requirements gathering, conceptual design, validation, testing, optimization, and iteration.
- Demonstrated experience working with visual design systems.