Who We Are
We’re the Experience Design team at Wayfair, and we’re tackling exciting problems that are reshaping how people discover, find, purchase and have goods delivered to their homes. We’re a diverse, multidisciplinary team of world-class designers who are hard at work transforming the experience of shopping for your home. Our design practice is collaborative, data-driven, and fast-paced.
How can we leverage AR to make it easier for our customers to imagine how furniture would fit in their space? How can we seamlessly connect them with gig economy assembly and installation pros to get that new chandelier installed before the next dinner party? If you're interested in answering these types of questions, you’ll love our innovative and dynamic team!
What You’ll Do
A strong candidate will relish the opportunity to jump into a highly visible workstream that drives significant impact. You are an empathetic people manager and skilled in design operations management. Additionally, you’re gifted in UI design, are customer-centered, and love turning quantitative and qualitative findings into insights and strategy to drive product priorities.
- Utilize design thinking principles to build engaging customer experiences which solve goals with elegant simplicity.
- Collaborate with product managers, developers, content strategists, user researchers, and other experience designers to execute design concepts that deliver on brand goals, business goals, and are technically feasible to implement.
- Drive a sense of urgency in the team to deliver work, emphasizing the use of lean tools and techniques to more rapidly deliver work.
- Day-to-day work will consist of a combination of product oversight, design execution, people management, and design operations management.
- Demonstrate strong management and communication skills. Be a strategist who can take a step back on overarching goals and opportunities, while also acting as a product practitioner who can meticulously work alongside his/her teams with domain knowledge and design prowess.
- Manage the development of team members through dedicated mentorship, or less formal coaching and advice.
You’ll drive design efforts for these sites & interfaces: Wayfair + Allmodern + Birch Lane + Joss & Main + Perigold. Desktop + Mobile web + iOS + Android
What You’ll Need
- 8+ years of Design experience for consumers and consumer brands—a big plus if you have experience in e-commerce.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Human-Computer Interaction (HCI), Information Architecture, or related field.
- Exceptional interpersonal, collaborative, and creative problem-solving skills.
- Strong understanding of design processes; knowledge of what is possible and what will be hard to achieve and/or implement in a digital environment.
- Strong skills in modern design tools like Sketch, Abstract, Invision, Framer, UX Pin, Creative Suite, etc.
- Expertise in producing relevant deliverables, including detailed site maps, user flows/task flows, user journeys, page flows, taxonomies/folksonomies, paths to purchase, wireframes, annotations, and prototypes that represent interaction recommendations, etc.
- Working knowledge of HTML/CSS/JS. Hands-on skills a plus.
- An online portfolio of case studies that demonstrates unfailing advocacy for the user, highlighting: e-commerce design work, mobile design work, data-driven approach, design operations, people management, and strategic thinking.