DoorDash is missioned to disrupt the future of delivery logistics in the three-sided marketplace: Consumers, Merchants, and Dashers. We have achieved exponential growth since the foundation in 2013, and we’re proud to have become the top food delivery service in the US. The company is at the pivotal point of transforming the user experience to the next level, as all three-sided marketplace continues to grow fast and the business expands beyond the food delivery.
At DoorDash, our customers - Consumers, Merchants, and Dashers alike - are at the forefront of the product strategy. We deeply believe that the best customer experience is synonymous with the success of the company’s business in the long run. Design plays a strong voice, providing critical thought partnership in cross-functional product development. This is where you come in.
We're looking for a Senior Product Design Manager in the San Francisco office to support the exponential growth of the Design team. Our team is still at an early stage, which means you’ll get to shape the design culture and process from the ground up and get to drive big and meaningful design problems.
What You’ll Do
- Actively practice and evangelize customer-centric thinking organizationally
- Play a strong thought partner to cross-functional teams like Product, Engineering, Analytics, and Operations to realize the company’s mission and vision
- Partner with the rest of the design leadership team to build the holistic journey in three-sided marketplace
- Recruit the best talent who will raise the bar at DoorDash
- Coach and mentor designers on both soft and hard skills and help them develop and achieve career goals
- Build a culture that elevates the team, in terms of both performance and morale
- Establish the operating model that increases the team’s effectiveness
- Align the team’s priorities and deliverables to the company’s overarching strategy and goals
- Be the inspirational leader by your creativity, vision, commitment, and persistence
- You thrive in a fast-paced startup environment
- You are comfortable navigating through ambiguity and complexity
- You exhibit a strong bias towards action
- You can think and scale at 10x
- You are a proactive problem solver, not just a problem identifier
- You are curious and willing to go above and beyond the job description
- You are a respected people manager with high EQ; you know how to motivate a team even in the most challenging times
- You attract top talent and hire people who will raise the bar
- You are able to stand up for shipping quality products for customers
- You make a great thought partner with cross-functional teams
- You are an excellent storyteller and effective communicator
- You exude a can-do attitude and enthusiasm
- You are self-aware and humble
- Strong portfolio showcasing the problem-solving skill at large scale and high design caliber; you MUST provide a link to your portfolio (and password if applicable) to be considered for this role
- 10+ years of experience in design, with a minimum of 3 years in team building and management
- Have managed a team of 5 or more
- Fluency in the latest product design trends, tools, and technology cross-platform
- Must be able to work in our office in San Francisco post-COVID
- Prior design experience in the commerce/marketplace/local industry is preferred
Why You’ll Love Working at DoorDash
- We are leaders - Leadership is not limited to our management team. It’s something everyone at DoorDash embraces and embodies.
- We are doers - We believe the only way to predict the future is to build it. Creating solutions that will lead our company and our industry is what we do -- on every project, every day.
- We are learning - We’re not afraid to dig in and uncover the truth, even if it’s scary or inconvenient. Everyone here is continually learning on the job, no matter if we’ve been in a role for one year or one minute.
- We are customer obsessed - Our mission is to grow and empower local economies. We are committed to our customers, merchants, and dashers and believe in connecting people with possibility.
- We are all DoorDash - The magic of DoorDash is our people, together making our inspiring goals attainable and driving us to greater heights.
- We offer great compensation packages and comprehensive health benefits.