The Senior Product Delivery Manager (aka 'Product Owner' or 'Agile Product Manager') is the Product Management leader on multiple scrum teams. Their goal is to deliver innovative solutions based on their understanding of high-level business objectives. The Senior Product Delivery Manager works with other Product Managers to understand the product vision and then provides clarity for the development teams.
Senior Product Delivery Managers are responsible for leading scrum teams in the breakdown of features and user stories. Our expectation is that all team members contribute to user stories, but the Product Delivery Manager is key in ensuring team alignment and completeness to the vision.
Senior Product Delivery Managers work with other Product Managers and a cross-functional Scrum team, to build, enhance and manage a set of products and platforms using Agile software methodologies. They will own and groom the backlog for the scrum teams with high-level input from Product Leads for their Release Train. Teams will consist of developers, analytics resources, technical leads, designers and scrum masters.
As products and solutions near launch they will support our Release Train core team, Product Readiness Team and associated Product Managers to develop go-to-market plans. They may help in demos and support training material creation as a subject matter expert.
Senior Product Delivery Managers are expected to contribute back to the rest of the organization ideas and opportunities that become part of the overall release train roadmap. Understanding of shoppers, clients and their system areas and capabilities is essential to the role.
This role requires a high-level technical understanding of web applications and excellent communication and collaboration skills. The successful candidate must have a demonstrable track record of achieving success in a dynamic, fast-paced software development environment. They must be able to adapt to rapidly changing priorities and make appropriate product decisions quickly.
Responsibilities (including but not limited to):
- Partner with other Product Managers to understand and influence product strategy while generating innovative ideas for achieving product success
- Work with scrum teams to determine alternative development strategies, solutions, and releasedates
- Translate business requirements into features and user stories, collaborate with cross functional team to craft solutions/documentation and represent customer needs in product delivery
- Monitor products and platforms to evaluate consumer and client satisfaction, return-on-investment (ROI), and satisfaction of original objectives
- Partner with Product Managers and Business owners to create business roadmaps that increase delivered value and efficiency over time
- Partners with Release Train Core Team to develop release plans that support go-to-market strategies
- Communicate progress toward milestones as software is released
- Develop and maintain subject matter expertise in application features, capabilities and business rules
- Make rapid tactical decisions where needed to maintain team momentum and focus on value delivery
- Prioritize Scrum Team backlog with guidance from Product Manager(s) and UX Lead to ensure alignment with product strategy and roadmap
- Work closely with the Scrum Master to optimize velocity for the team
- Work with Scrum Master to prioritize and schedule production defects for resolution
- Participate in the daily stand ups, sprint planning meetings, retrospectives, and release train planning meetings
- Ability to understand and articulate various internal and external customer needs
- Excellent communication skills & presentation skills; verbal and written with the ability to communicate across business and technology
- Demonstrable experience in strategic planning with business partners
- Experience leading scrum teams in Agile methodologies
- 5+ years product management experience
- Self-directed problem solver with a demonstrated ability to organize & prioritize
- Excellent people and teamwork skills
- Ability to work directly with customers to understand how they use the provided applications
- 5+ years experience in Agile software development
- Experience with relevant business software preferred, including Microsoft Office applications
- Strong experience in Agile/Scrum process
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- We prefer experience in one or more of the following areas
- Digital Media/Advertising
- Internet/Mobile Products
- Automotive Industry