Controls and monitors the product development process from ideation through implementation. Ensures optimal speed to market, strategic continuity and adherence to established governance and controls.
- Provide guidance and feedback on initial product specifications and design documents.
- Create high-level product plans including product strategy, features, systems approach, project impacts and milestone dates.
- Submit product intake request to prioritize projects and secure resources.
- Serve as a product subject matter expert for business requirement gathering and contract drafting activities.
- Collaborate with functional areas throughout the process, including product development, pricing, contract drafting & filing, legal, sales, marketing, technical services, operations, and the project management office (PMO).
- Partner with the PMO to obtain estimates, project documentation and required approvals.
- Facilitate meetings with key stakeholders throughout the process and provide reports as required.
- Bachelor’s degree in a business related field or equivalent experience.
- Seven years of experience in a position requiring detailed knowledge of products and/or systems in the insurance/financial services industry.
- Expertise in one or more of the following product lines and a high level understanding of additional product lines which include, life insurance, annuity products, retirement plans, health insurance, casualty insurance and group/employer sponsored insurance products.
- In-depth understanding of systems that support at least one product line and impacts across multiple functional areas.
- Analytical skills and attention to detail.
- Project management skills.
- Proficient with MS Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, MS Project)