The Senior Product and Services Marketing Manager is passionate about marketing and solving customer needs, wants, and desires. In this role, they will have responsibility for product and services marketing, marketing plan development, value proposition definition, and general management of marketing projects and personnel. As the Senior Product and Services Marketing Manager, you will work closely with the senior leaders across marketing, sales, and product teams to develop and drive compelling propositions, go-to-market strategy and processes, and sales programs and tools for various BUs. You will be an integral member of the marketing team and key contributor to growing revenue to achieve corporate goals globally.
- Provides leadership to regularly assess go-to-market processes and continuously improve processes, performance, and engagement across organizations.
- Creates marketing materials that clearly articulate service and product features, benefits, and value propositions and develops product messaging that differentiates new products and services from others in the market on a global scale.
- Ensures that propositions, positioning, and messaging resonates with buyers and that product and service content is effectively used by sales teams.
- Maintain and manage competitive intelligence by working with cross-functional stakeholders and executing self-led research.
- Collaborates with commercial teams to define the go-to-market strategy and model for various products and services
- Takes active role in conducting controlled deployments and assess alignment of new products and services with market needs.
- Performs market research, internal data analysis, market validation and whitespace analysis to identify new opportunities for existing and new products and services
- Develops a deep understanding of our markets and buyers by leveraging insight from internal and external sources to inform strategies.
- Partners with finance, product management, and market/business intelligence to ensure a consistent process is in place to capture and communicate the market response to our solutions including leading indicators such as win/loss analysis, pipeline and revenue growth, competitive activities, etc.
- Oversee other marketing activities including branding, content planning, analysis and market research management, and events
- Become a pivotal conduit for sharing information across various teams
- Closely work with Sales to ensure alignment on strategy, resources, and goals
- Support additional projects as requested by senior management or as the business demands dictate
- Manage and develop a team of up to four marketing professionals
- Strong, proven understanding and experience with B2B marketing
- Proven proficiency in strategy development
- Demonstrated results-orientation and strong project management abilities
- Digital marketing competencies including SEO, SEM, CPC, CPA campaigns PLA/AdWords, Social Media, and Google analytics
- Professional judgment and discretion that comes from years of experience working with customers
- Ability to develop content strategy and plans to support internal and external product and service go-to-market positioning value propositions
- Excellent written and oral communications skills
- Proven experience creating compelling messaging for different user segments and personas
- Able to identify and track relevant marketing KPIs
- Critical thinker and self-starter
- Proven experience and track record of fostering collaboration
- Strong organizational and time management skills - detail oriented.
- Ability to multi-task and strong project management skills.
- Ability to travel up to 30% of the time domestically and internationally.
- 5+ years B2B marketing experience
- Digital marketing experience
- Strategic plan development experience
- Experience supporting B2B sales force
- Agency experience
- Manufacturing experience
- Services marketing experience
- MBA or Master's Degree
- PMP Certification
- Digital marketing certifications
Perks and benefits of working at State:
- Health, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance
- Paid vacation and holidays
- Health and wellness benefits and incentives
- Paid bonus opportunities
- Tuition reimbursement
- 24/7 Fitness Center
- Free “Workout Wednesdays” with a fitness trainer
- Dry cleaning service
- Car wash and detailing service available
- Paid volunteer hours
What it means to work at State:
- Over 105+ years in business with continual growth
- Family-owned since 1911
- 700+ employees throughout the US, Puerto Rico and Canada
- Ten-time North Coast 99 winner
- Quarterly business reviews
- Annual company-wide meetings
- Proud “Make-a-Wish” partner!