By joining SoFi, you're joining a new kind of finance company based around speed, transparency, and alignment with our members’ interests. Our goal is to be the center of our members’ financial lives. We created student loan refinancing, addressing the biggest financial challenge this new generation has through a new approach to lending. We expanded intoother types of loans, and then into insurance and wealth management with similarly inventive products. As the company has grown, we’ve been able to help more people with these tools.
Success of this role hinges on your technical aptitude, quantitative abilities, and business acumen: you know how to plow through data with SQL/Python/R/Tableau, surface insights using math/statistics/ML techniques, and measure the business impact using efficiency/conversion/profit metrics.
· Work with amazing product managers to identify business opportunities, measure KPI’s to craft compelling stories, make logical recommendations and drive informed actions.
· Analyze and present usage behavior metrics, such as funnel conversion, user churn, cart abandonment, and cross sell metrics. Work with product managers to design tests to improve these metrics.
· Own end-to-end product analytics workflow including from formulating success metrics, socializing them across the organization, and creating dashboards/reports.
· Analyze data needs to be instrumented. Write specs and work with engineering to capture new data and transfer data into data warehouse.
· Test new product ideas – collect data through designing experiments and utilize quantitative research methods toconvert the data into actionable product recommendations.
· Act as a curator of data by defining, instrumenting, and tracking necessary analytics of our products through working cross functionally with engineering and product teams.
· Build self-service system to enable others in the organization to utilize your work.
· Commercially aware and politically astute. You stay focused on what’s best for the company – sometimes that requires being flexible, other times it requires being steadfast.
Desired Skills and Experience
· 3-7 years of relevant experience, covering fintech, capital markets, payments analytics, p2p, crowdfunding, banking, mobile analytics.
· Intellectual curiosity and aptitude to pick up new technical skills
· Ability to initiate and drive projects to completion with minimal guidance
· High EQ with ability to influence outcomes and communicate technical content to general audiences.
· Bachelors, Masters, or PhD in Computer Science, Math, Physics, Engineering or quantitative field
· SQL, R, Python and Tableau
· Public github, publications, management experience, speaking engagements a plus