CIS (Center for Internet Security) is the trusted guide to confidence in the connected world. CIS collaborates with the global security community to lead both government and private-sector entities to security solutions and resources. CIS is an independent, not-for-profit organization.
The Senior Procurement Specialist will oversee the ordering of goods and services for CIS. This person analyzes costs, negotiates contract details, and offers strategies and solutions to help CIS better manage costs on supplies and vendor services. Additional duties include tracking orders, resolving issues concerning price disputes, and aiding in the creation of bids for new business opportunities.
What You'll Do
- Oversee purchase of materials and supplies, including managing requests and continuously improving the procurement and request processes
- Facilitate the contract process, including negotiation, bidding, and monitoring terms of agreements
- Help identify and pursue opportunities and approaches for reducing the cost of goods and services purchased or procured by CIS
- Vendor management, including facilitating vendor bids, capturing needs, and coordinating Requests for Proposals/Quotes/Information (RFP/Q/I)
- Facilitate CIS’ bidding on new opportunities, maintaining excellent communication with stakeholders
- Ensure procurement adheres to asset management policies and department budgets
- Other tasks and responsibilities as assigned
What You'll Need
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Finance, Accounting or related field*
- 5+ years of related work experience in purchasing as described in the duties above
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize workload
- Strong attention to detail, communication skills and professional demeanor
- Extensive experience of developing business specific contracts and agreements
- Extensive knowledge of software license terms and regulations
- Experience with Procurement software solutions
- Must be authorized to work in the United States
- Full COVID-19 vaccination may be required.
It's a Plus if You Have:
- Non-for-profit procurement experience and knowledge of Office of Management and Budget, Uniform Guidance is preferred
- Strong Project Management skills
*Additional years of relevant experience or a combination of an Associate’s degree or equivalent and relevant experience may be substituted for the Bachelor’s degree.
At CIS, we are committed to providing an inclusive environment in which the diverse backgrounds, experiences, and views of our employees, members, and customers are valued and respected. It is through this commitment that we are able to work together towards our common mission: to make the connected world a safer place.