As an individual contributor within Corporate Procurement's Category Strategy group, the Labor, BPO and Services Sr. Category Manager will be responsible for understanding, development, and execution of multi-year category strategies for Express Scripts’ spend across some/all of the following categories:
- SOW and Contingent Labor
- Business Process Outsourcing (Operations, Clinical and Product Programs)
- Human Resources, Legal, Finance and/or Consulting Services
The Sr. Category Manager will collaborate with and influence cross-functional teams to understand, align and support business goals. The role will be responsible for establishing & leading cross-functional category council with representation from various levels throughout the organization, understanding supply market trends, identifying value levers, and developing multi-year strategies to ensure maximum value to Express Scripts patients, clients, & shareholders. The role will develop & execute implementation plans to ensure business benefits are fully realized.
The Sr. Category Manager Role will develop strategies to influence spend valued up to $100M+ annually.
- Identify key business partners and establish/lead cross-functional category councils to identify current issues and develop strategies in alignment with corporate initiatives
- Provide analysis of spend data and industry dynamics to prioritize, develop, & launch strategic initiatives
- Develop multiple category strategies using various value levers, including but not limited to strategic planning, relationship management (Stakeholders and Suppliers), sourcing and contracting strategies, etc..
- Gather stakeholder and subject-matter insights/business requirements to ensure supply strategy achieves the desired business objectives
- Work closely with the Sourcing Center of Excellence team to plan and execute RFIs/RFPs/RFQs
- Lead and manage supplier negotiations, including negotiation planning, internal stakeholder preparation, status updates, and post-negotiation lessons learned.
- Present results of category strategies to and solicit input from senior executives and cross-functional stakeholders
- 8 - 12 years of experience with a Bachelor's Degree in Business, Finance, Engineering
- 5 – 7 years of experience with a Master's Degree
- 3-5 years of experience with assigned categories preferred, either in a procurement or functional role
- Supply market knowledge for the assigned categories of spend
- C.P.M. or CPSM designation from the Institute for Supply Management (ISM) preferred
- Ability to collaboratively and positively influence suppliers, customers, and internal team members at various levels with the organization
- Proven track record in developing and executing strategic plans & managing multiple complex initiatives concurrently
- Excellent communication/facilitation skills, both oral and written
- Familiarity with RFx processes & best practices; experience with RFx processes preferred
- Proven track record in high value negotiations, including complex contractual terms
- Strong organizational and project management skills
- Well-developed financial and market analysis skills
- Effective leadership and interpersonal skills
ABOUT THE DEPARTMENT
Procurement is responsible for purchasing all goods and services through approved channels. Procurement responsibilities include providing information, guidelines and collaboration to facilitate the procurement process. Policies and procedures are continuously reviewed and revised to ensure our company remains efficient and competitive.
Job Id: REQ20010066