- Cultivate potential suppliers’ relationship, prepare, issue and follow-up precise Request for Quotations (RFQ) for large and complex subcontract programs.
- Lead commercial evaluation of subcontractors’ proposal with multi-disciplinary team composed of specialists from engineering, software, project and operational groups as applicable.
- Negotiate subcontract agreements within technical scope, schedule and budget allocation including flow down of specific Program Terms and Conditions
- Draft subcontracts agreements in line with the company commercial guidelines, such agreements which may include complex licensing arrangements
- Monitor subcontractor’s progress and performance to ensure the timely and complete delivery of the procured goods & services in conformity conform to the technical and commercial requirements
- Exercise state remedies, as appropriate, where subcontractor’s performance is deficient and lead disputes resolution in a timely manner
- Work closely with Global Strategic Sourcing team members to develop and implement improvement opportunities in support of organizational goals & strategies
- Provide reports to Global Strategic Sourcing Senior Management
- Show leadership, initiative, excellent ability to prioritize and to adapt, good judgment.
- Meticulous, team spirit, results-oriented.
- University degree in Legal, Engineering or Business Administration.
- Strong on-hand, knowledge and experience in international purchasing practices, contracts and dispute resolution are mandatory.
- 5-10 years of Contracts or Subcontract Management experience is mandatory.
- Knowledge of aerospace simulation industry will be considered an asset.
- Knowledge of standard procurement tools (ERP system) will be an asset.
- Ability to work under operational pressure and short deadline is mandatory.
- Work requires willingness to travel and to work flexible schedule.
- Good organizational skills and the ability to work self-directed in order to prioritize work to meet deadlines.
- Able to provide leadership in a team environment.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to work with diverse groups of individuals and disciplines.
- Highly motivated, self-managed individual able to work with little direct oversight
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Knowledge of Data, Parts and Equipment procurement process.
- General knowledge of CAE product and services.
- Team spirit, initiative, determination.
- Bilingualism (French and English) is essential.