Siemens Rail Systems is seeking a professional Project Manager with a proven track record of managing complex projects. As a Project Manager, you will be responsible for the execution of light rail projects ranging from $30M to $200+M in value and durations from 3-5 years. The projects are executed throughout the US and Canada. In this role you will collaborate with a diverse team at a large manufacturing facility where project management, engineering, procurement, and manufacturing are co-located. The project manager will execute the project in a matrix organization with a primary team of 10 to 20 people. Some team members will be working on other projects concurrently.The PM is the focal point for customer communication for all aspects of the project. This position reports to the Projects Director. The position is located in beautiful Sacramento, California.
- The Project Manager is responsible for project execution during phases including proposals, planning, design, procurement, manufacturing, commissioning, and customer acceptance.
- The PM will have profit and loss responsibility for assigned projects.
- Lead discussions/negotiations with customers for scope clarification and changes in scope, cost and schedule.
- Lead design review activities for conceptual, preliminary and final design
- Proactively manage changes in project scope, identify potential problems, and devise contingency plans.
- Drive project schedule for design, project milestones (utilizing Siemens’ milestone methodology), vehicle delivery and acceptance.
- · Lead strategic project activities for engineering and procurement, as well as actions for manufacturing startup.
- Effectively communicate and manage project expectations to team members and stakeholders in a timely and clear fashion.
- · Develop and deliver monthly project reports, customer progress reports, customer change proposals, and presentations to management and internal / external stakeholders.
- · Coach, mentor, motivate and supervise project team members and contractors; influence them to take positive actions to forward the project in their assigned scope.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Required education: Bachelor's degree
- Required experience: A minimum of 3 years of successful Project Management experience in complex projects in Rail Vehicle Manufacturing, or Heavy Industrial Manufacturing.
- Excellent technical, oral and written communication skills; must be able to demonstrate presentation skills.
- · Required Travel Required: 25%. PM will travel for customer visits and supplier reviews for first article inspections and as needed to support manufacturing
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering, electrical engineering, or other engineering degree relevant to rail, locomotive and rail car manufacturing.
- 5 years of experience related to the manufacturing of rail vehicles or of heavy machinery is preferred.
- Technical experience with rail vehicle project management, engineering, or manufacturing preferred.
- Project management certification via PMI PMP certification is a plus.
- Technical experience with complex products/projects and system integration also considered.
Requisition Number: 223571