About the Team:
Join the growing Encore Semi Front-End Development team to collaborate with customers on the verification of Processor and Processor Subsystems based on innovative new architectures. Joining the team, you will build on a background of Processor and CPU core developments to build unit and full-chip verification plans, environments and tests to stress the functional correctness of complex implementations. You will join a larger Processor development team to deliver next generation high-speed computing processors and systems.
About the Project:
As a member of the verification team of a complex next-generation processor / processor sub-system, you will create plans, environments and tests to stress the functional correctness of subsystems or full-chip protocols within the larger design. The development environment is, primarily, C/C++ based and will leverage directed-random and coverage-driven concepts to create stressful functional verification testing to flush bugs out of the design. Focus areas could include cache hierarchies, memory subsystems, high-bandwidth bus interconnects / fabrics, performance accelerators or coherency. If you have experience in Functional Verification and debug of complex Processors, CPUs or Processing Subsystems, joining the Encore Semi Verification team could be a good match for you.
• 7+ years of Functional Verification experience creating Processor / CPU Verification test content and environments created with C++
• Experience with complete CPU / Processor subsystem verification. Including experience with at least one of the following areas: CPU<->Interface protocols, cache hierarchies, coherent memory subsystems, multi-threaded CPUs, performance acceleration, or high-bandwidth bus interconnect fabrics.
• Experience identifying boundary conditions and Functional Coverage conditions based on Microarchitecture specifications
• Debug experience using waveforms and ability to read and understand RTL code.
• Architecture understanding of CPU / Processor microarchitectures including ISAs, multi-core and multi-threaded designs, symmetric multi-processing and similar performance improvement techniques.
• Experience with CPUs such as POWER, x86, MIPS, ARM, especially CPU/Processor Subsystems targeting server-class applications
• Required: Bachelor's, Electrical Engineering
• Preferred: Master's, Electrical Engineering