Leads development of the process flowsheet models to support the commercialization of biobased chemicalprocesses from the laboratory through pilot plant to commercial scale-up and technology transfer.
- Lead the development of process flowsheet modeling and analysis for production of industrial biochemicals. This includes process modeling and techno-economic analysis using Aspen, Excel, Python, or other modeling tools.
- Serve as an internal Subject Matter Expert on process flow sheet modeling and mentor other process engineers in the team
- Guide experimental projects to achieve company goals; synthesize team results and determine next steps.
- Lead project teams in the development and execution of project scope, goals, deliverables, resources and timeline in support of business goals, in collaboration with senior management and stakeholders; effectively communicate project expectations, results and status to team members and stakeholders in a timely and clear fashion.
- Participate in process evaluations through the analysis and interpretation of lab and demo scale data, technical literature, and process simulations. Translate this information into equipment and process specifications and provide recommendations for further R&D, intellectual property opportunities, and cost minimization projects.
- Support technology transfer, scale-up, and process troubleshooting and form strong relationships with external partners.
- Mentor and manage junior level personnel.
PhD degree in Chemical or Biochemical Engineering, or related field, and a minimum of 3 years of relevant industry experience. Candidates with Bachelor’s or Master’s degrees and six to eight years of directly relevant industry experience may also be considered.
- Expert in chemical process flowsheet modeling in both steady state and dynamic simulation
- Strong computational and analytical skills
- Experience leading the design, development, scale-up and optimization of industrialchemical production processes; preferably fermentation based processes with a focus on downstream separations and purification.
- Thorough understanding of basic chemical engineering principles.
- Significant knowledge in the area of industrial process design; including fermentation and bioprocess design.
- Proven ability to communicate the technical requirements of equipment and processes.
- Understanding of project management fundamentals.
- Working knowledge in the field of environmental, health and safety (EH&S) regulations, standards, and practices and their impact on chemical process design and operations.
- Strong negotiation and influence skills including working in a matrix organization, under ambiguity and in fast growing businesses.
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks and responsibilities
Job ID: 201806-340-24
Requisition ID : 1118