Senior Process Mechanical Engineer / Project Manager - Water Services
As part of the Water Design Center for Garver, this Process Mechanical Engineerwill beresponsible formechanical process design, buildingmechanical design, and project management in support of a variety of Water Business Line projects.
Diversity in high-volume, custom water/wastewater treatment projects will allow this project manager the opportunity to be hands-on with design, directly involved with clients, provide mentorship to team members and actively participate in marketing initiatives.
Otherresponsibilitiesof this role will include:
- Taking projects from conceptual planning to bid ready documents, including facility and equipment layouts, design calculations, equipment vendor coordination, management and coordination of support discipline activities, coordination with other Garver offices and coordination with regulatory agencies.
- Serving as an enterprise wide resource regarding interpretation and application of relevant codes and standards, including ASHRAE, NFPA, ASME, and others.
- Assisting Water Design Center Management in managing teams, coordinating schedules, monitoring budgets, and ensuring delivery of quality work products that adhere to Garver standardization.
- Serving as the team expert in quality review for mechanicalengineering calculations and for conceptual designs.
- Involvement in client meetings and at relevant conferences to serve as a subject matter expert on behalf of Garver and the Water Business Line.
The successful candidate will have great opportunity for professional and career development from senior Water Business Line leaders.
About Garver's Water Design Center
The Water Design Center is a knowledge-based hub that excels in highly technical, multi-discipline water and wastewater designs. The WDC specializes in large, high-volume, custom plant projects with advanced technologies.
Centralizing the location of the WDC means communication, coordination, and participation with team members is constant. This integral working relationship benefits the client through project delivery schedule and design quality, as well as the engineer’s opportunity for team collaboration and professional growth.
Life in Northwest Arkansas
The Good Life magazine describes Northwest Arkansas as somewhere that “may be one of the fastest growing places in the nation, but the heart and soul of small town America is alive and well here.” The region is comprised of several adjacent cities where “you’ll discover museums, art galleries, shopping and dining amid architectural and historical treasures all just a stone’s throw from fishing, biking, water sports, hiking, camping, boating and breathtaking vistas…nestled high in the Ozark Mountains.”A few accolades about Northwest Arkansas include:
- 1st Best Affordable Place to Live in 2016, U.S. News
- 2nd Best Mid-sized City for Jobs in 2016, Forbes
- 3rd Best place to live in 2016, U.S. News
- Bachelor’s degree in mechanicalengineering from an ABET accredited program
- 10 or more years of similar experience with no less than 3 years’ experience in project/team leadership
- Previous experience as manager in charge of process mechanical design and building mechanical design, including detailed plans and specifications
- Registered Professional Engineer (PE) or be able to obtain within 9 months
- Proficiency with HVAC load and energy calculations
- Proficiency in preparing construction cost estimates for process mechanical and building mechanical systems.
- Proficiency with aeration blower system and air distribution design for liquid aeration systems along with both liquid and solids pumping systems design
- Strong communication skills as required to manage project teams, to collaborate with other design disciplines and maintain internal client relationships
- Master’s degree in mechanical, environmental, civil or chemicalengineering.
- Previous experience with coordination and support of construction management teams.
- Previous experience in water and wastewater treatment plant improvements projects
- Previous experience in working with AutoCAD and Revit
- Proficiency in utilizing HVAC design-and-analysis software (such as TRACE™ 700) to analyze and optimize the heating, ventilating, and air-conditioning systems of new and existing buildings. Previous experience in energy efficiency evaluations and delivering LEED rated facilities.
- Proficiency in assessing and designing new and existing mechanical (HVAC, plumbing, natural gas, and fire protection) building systems, predominately water and wastewater treatment plants.