Do you have compassion and a passion to help others? Transforming healthcare and millions of lives as a result starts with the values you embrace and the passion you bring to achieve your life's best work. (sm)
Under the direction of the VP, the Senior Process Manager is responsible for managing various CAHPS and HOS strategic initiatives with complex scope and scale. The Senior Process Manager designs programs, builds business processes, develops project plans, manages cross-functional project teams, communicates progress and status, enforces quality management, and identifies, responds, and manages risks, issues, and changes. This Senior Process Manager manages all project activities and ensures all project phases are documented appropriately. Represents the CAHPS and HOS team at meetings through project management. Additionally, this position serves as a liaison between business users and IT programmers to understand business needs and develop written technical requirements.
You'll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Create electronic forms on provider platforms such as eCW and ePRG.
- Develop electronic tools for providers
- Create processes and procedures for providers to close gaps
- Overall management of outreach campaigns
- Create reporting for the monthly surveys
- Set up operations of campaigns
- Manage the Program documentation of the team and coordinate with the team to complete - work plans, program descriptions, SOPs, etc.
- Designs programs and initiatives based on business needs.
- Provides expertise and leadership skills to direct project team and ensure project and organization's goals, philosophies, and objectives are optimally supported
- Creates and executes Project plans and revises appropriately to meet changing requirements and needs
- Plans and schedules Project timelines and milestones using the appropriate tools
- Manages day-to-day operational and tactical activities of a Project
- Develops and delivers Progress Reports, Proposals, Requirements Documentation and Presentations.
- Diagnoses task/procedural change issues and helps to resolve the problem
- Ensures that Project documents are current and complete, as well as appropriately managed and stored.
- Proactively manages changes in Project scope, identifies any potential crisis or issues and devises contingency plans to mitigate concerns
- Performs a major role in the development, configuration and implementation of major systems and interfaces with multiple business partners that include but are not limited to the following units: operations, claims, physician clinics, customer service, and executive management.
- Develops and maintains strong relationships with both internal/externals customers, IT, assigned business unit, and senior executives to influence project teams and gain consensus on the selection of the most viable solutions.
- Identifies process/risk management improvement activities, and communicates information to leadership.
- Uses strong critical thinking skills along with managed care, or physician office business knowledge to have insight and understanding of business concepts, tools and processes that are needed for making sound decisions in the contact of the company's business
- Manages all project requirements of multiple mid-size and large scale projects as assigned by serving as a lead on IT projects as needed and by gathering business requirements needed for system modifications, enhancements and implementations.
- Performs complex business analysis using appropriate project tools and conducts focus group interviews, research initiatives and identifies best practices approaches to ensure overall project success.
- Perform all other related duties as assigned.
The pace is fast and you'll need to be comfortable managing multiple priorities. You may be required to work in multiple locations, so scheduling flexibility is essential. You must also be able to respond calmly and effectively in emergency situations.
You'll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor's degree.
- 5+ years of progressive experience with process improvement initiatives.
- Ability to work with uncertainties and ambiguities.
- Capable of identifying problems and provide solutions.
- Experience with process mapping methodology and creating process maps.
- Proven ability to successfully conceptualize an initiative, develop a plan and execute the plan through implementation.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications to include Word, Excel, Visio, PowerPoint, Project, and Outlook. Working knowledge of Share Point.
- If you need to enter a work site for any reason, you will be required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive Voice Response (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) or a similar UnitedHealth Group-approved symptom screener. Employees must comply with any state and local masking orders. In addition, when in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are expected to wear a mask in areas where physical distancing cannot be attained.
- Master's degree in related field.
- 7+ years of progressive experience with process improvement initiatives.
- Ability to put together PPO and present.
- Ability to interact one-on-one and consult with all levels of executive management.
- Solid analytical and critical thinking skills.
- Six Sigma certification along with proven Project Management experience.
- Solid IT systems knowledge experience.
- Proficient understanding of standards such as URAC, NCQA, and CMS (i.e., Medicare)
Careers with WellMed. Our focus is simple. We're innovators in preventative health care, striving to change the face of health care for seniors. We're impacting 380,000+ lives, primarily Medicare eligible seniors in Texas and Florida, through primary and multi-specialty clinics, and contracted medical management services. We've joined Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of companies, and our mission is to help the sick become well and to help patients understand and control their health in a lifelong effort at wellness. Our providers and staff are selected for their dedication and focus on preventative, proactive care. For you, that means one incredible team and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group's Telecommuter Policy.
Colorado Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $79,700 to $142,600. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. As of the date of this posting, In addition to your salary, UHG offers the following benefits for this position, subject to applicable eligibility requirements: Health, dental, and vision plans; wellness program; flexible spending accounts; paid parking or public transportation costs; 401(k) retirement plan; employee stock purchase plan; life insurance, short-term disability insurance, and long-term disability insurance; business travel accident insurance; Employee Assistance Program; PTO; and employee-paid critical illness and accident insurance.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.