The Senior Process Manager is responsible for supporting the Company's strategic objectives through a focus on the optimum, most cost-effective methods of manufacturing dairy products to enhance profitability, market position, and growth. This position will provide specific concentration on reducing operating costs, process capacity constraints, product losses, and product quality variation.
- Optimize existing manufacturing processes to increase efficiency and cost effectiveness.
- Develop and implement Functional Descriptions and Process Control strategies that improve results and reduce variability.
- Identify and address opportunities for yield improvement, waste reduction, throughput enhancement, and improved process control and consistency.
- Lead troubleshooting of persistent, complex operational issues. Communicate findings and CAPA plans to other departments in clear, concise presentations.
- Ensure best-practice solutions are implemented across all areas of facility.
- Collaborate with other SMEs to provide technical training material to Manufacturing and other departments.
- Engage with R&D team on new product development, experimental design, and plant trials. Work closely with Project Engineering on final process design and commercialization.
- Engage with Q.A. team on the evaluation and continuous improvement of in-process and finished product analytical instrumentation.
- Work with Maintenance team to ensure critical processes, control points, and measurements are properly maintained for consistent performance.
- Active participation and ownership in your training and development program and associated activities, classes and events, which will be held before, during, after shifts and during scheduled days off.
- Help coach and train teammates and participate in on the job, buddy training.
- Place high priority on food safety and sanitation by understanding and executing Land O' Lakes food safety and sanitation policies and procedures.
- Hold self and others accountable to Land O' Lakes food safety & sanitation guidelines and policies by communicating any food safety incident, observation, or opportunity to your leadership team or teammates.
- Participate in food safety and sanitation root cause analysis and improvement activities when required.
- Always Prioritize safety above all other job duties by having a safety-first approach.
- Promote Company Culture.
- Achieve common business goals through cooperative alignment with all departments.
Education, Experience and Skills Required:
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent in the Engineering field, advanced degree a plus.
- 3 + years of experience in Food, Dairy or Pharmaceutical Manufacturing. Will also entertain CPG engineering, continuous improvement or related field.
- Ability to complete mass balances, and collect and analyze production data using statistical techniques.
- Demonstrated history of driving manufacturing process continuous improvement/efficiencies.
- Solid project management skills with proven results handling multiple assignments. Must be precise, accurate and well organized.
Competencies Skills Required:
- Lean & Six Sigma training or certification, with the ability to use the Six Sigma methodologies, tools and statistical software preferred.
- Ability to effectively summarize and present technical information to a variety of audiences.
- Must be able to perform in a demanding, fast-paced environment.
- Good mathematical (statistical skills highly desired), problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Proficiency with computer systems, personal computers and spreadsheet software (Microsoft Office, etc.).
- Demonstrated success delivering process improvement initiatives.
- Ability to lead and influence a cross-functional team as well, motivate others to deliver results.
Education - Experience Preferred:
- Master or MBA desired.
- Experience working in FDA regulated environment is preferred.
- Dairy Manufacturing/Processing.