As part of a small, passionate and accomplished team of experts, you will be responsible for continuous improvement of business and operational processes for various spaceflight systems. You will share in the team’s impact on all aspects of Continuous Improvement. You will be responsible for improving processes and process development within a corporate culture that emphasizes accountability, discipline, and attention to detail at all levels. You must have a passion for solving complex problems and providing operable solutions; act with minimal direction and on your own initiative; and be adaptable as you will work on a variety of applications and systems. We are looking for an individual that can help teams determine and implement innovative process improvement initiatives that will support sub-orbital and orbital launch vehicles, as well as engine production and development. You will report to the Blue Origin Director of Continuous Improvement and Systems Effectiveness. This position will directly impact the history of space exploration and will require your dedicated commitment and detailed attention towards safe and repeatable spaceflight.
- Work with engineers, technicians, and business personnel to review, improve and develop processes that support products in development and production environments
- Utilize Lean Six Sigma, DMAIC, and IDOV tools including process mapping, Kaizen, Failure Mode and Effects Analysis (FMEA), etc. to dramatically improve cycle time, and reduce defects and waste. Work with stakeholders to develop and improve integrated business and operational processes. Work with Enterprise Systems and Process Owners to develop requirements and implement organizational systems, programs and processes
- Work with Production Managers to implement or improve factory operations in a production system environment with Lean/Kaizen techniques such as 5S and daily production status boards.
- Mentor and educate company employees on process improvement. This will include development and presentation of training materials. Support causal analysis activities to drive to root cause and corrective action and implementation
- Minimum of a B.S. in Engineering or Science
- 10 years of industry experience in an engineering or production field with at least 5 years process improvement experience in a manufacturing environment
- Previously held full-time Continuous Improvement or Industrial Engineering role
- Six Sigma Black Belt, or comparable certification
- Demonstrated track record of resourcefulness and success from previous assignments and working with interdisciplinary and cross-functional teams.
- Familiarity with AS9100 or ISO9000 Quality Management System and/or related quality systems and programs
- Must be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident (current Green Card holder)
- Experience in R&D, Development and Production environments, preferably in aerospace, automotive, medical devices, or other engineered products.
- Experience in a small company and/or startup environment. Self-starter, who can manage multiple projects/kaizens while working across business unit and functional organizations
- Varied experience in both Continuous Improvement and other Engineering or Operational Role
- Experience in making routine presentations to large groups and also, executive level employees
- Quality assurance experience in rocket engine production environment.
- MBA or equivalent level of experience.
- Ability to travel to other sites to lead Continuous Improvement events.