Carry out special analytical investigations to generate critical technical information, making decisions concerning product improvement and overall quality. Implement, interpret, correlate and communicate statistical studies performed on manufacturing processes. Through understanding of tooling / process interactions and development of process, provide all pertinent validations of both tooling and process. Interacts with Engineering / Customers on new projects or issues pertaining to the facility’s processes. Write detailed technical reports on analytical data; provides periodic updates pertaining to assigned projects.
- Interacts with all departments pertaining to implementation of statistically established studies either for process improvements or establishment thereof.
- Ensure quality of all materials used in the process by developing and implementing effective reliable testing techniques.
- Ensure continued reliability of testing techniques by maintaining current knowledge of all technical and analytical information.
- Write technical reports as required to defend or support decisions concerning material acceptability.
- Establish and implement reliable procedures to ensure compliance with good manufacturing practices.
- Provide project leadership for materials / process related projects by coordinating the efforts of the various departmental disciplines for the successful completion according to plan and budget.
- Support the efforts of production in materials related areas as a technical advisor.
- Reviews data using Mattec, for investigation of problems.
- Maintains Mattec files and other information systems as required.
- Take appropriate action to ensure compliance with all safety, health and hazardous communication standards.
- Ensures that established policies, rules and regulations, and procedures are followed.
- Other duties as assigned
In Engineering, preferably in manufacturing, industrial, materials or plastics
Experience: 6-10 years
Complete working knowledge of all the molding processes in the plant and the associated tooling for each; including tooling design and manufacture. Demonstrative knowledge of variability, numerical reasoning and computer applications.
Direct/Indirect Reports: Directs the activities of assigned personnel in performance of studies pertaining to materials, process and tooling modifications.