The Senior Engineer I is responsible for performing expert level design and analysis work as directed to support various field and fabrication offices. The Senior Engineer I will be part of a project team from inception through construction completion.
• Actively supports the Company’s commitment to safety and its “Core Values.”
• Represents the Company at all times with high moral standards while adhering to the Company’s “Code of Business Conduct and Ethics.”
• Applies broad knowledge of principles and practices in a specific practice area.
• Independently evaluates, selects and adapts standard techniques, procedures and criteria.
• Acquires general knowledge of principles, and practices of related fields, and ability to function on multidisciplinary teams.
• Works on multiple projects of moderate size or portions of major projects.
• Designs a complete project, system, component, or process.
• Prepares complete project documents.
• Analyzes and interprets data.
• Formulates and solves problems.
• Coordinates tasks with engineers, designers and administrative staff.
• Plans and coordinates detailed aspects of engineering work.
• Assists with proposals to provide professional services or obtain funding for engineering projects or programs.
• Receives general direction on key objectives.
• Receives guidance when necessary on unconventional or complex problems, direction on modified techniques, and new approaches on assignments with conflicting criteria.
• Interacts with PM, client, customers, officials, contractors and others.
• Attends project meetings and presents specific aspects of engineering assignments
• Performs other related duties, as directed.
• BS in Engineering required; MS degree preferred. Professional Engineer (PE) preferred.
• 6+ years related engineering experience.
• Strong skill set in understanding PFD’s and P&ID’s; 3D and 2D routing and modeling
• Knowledge of API standards, recommended practices and design experience in API-520, API-521, and ASME Section VIII is strongly preferred.
• Ability to understand client specifications, procurement, commissioning and start-up standards, documentation, practices, vendor data approvals, etc., strongly preferred.
• Experience using standard computer programs for design such as MathCAD, Hysis, ProMax, etc., is required.
• Familiarity with project management software such as MS Project or Primavera is desirable.
• Cooperates with other team members; interacts with individuals at all organizational levels in professional manner.
• Demonstrates experience in the design of process piping, tanking, blending, and chemical processes.
• Demonstrates experience developing process parameters including mass flow, heat transfer, material balance capacities and rates.
• Lead Process Hazard Analysis (PHA) Sessions and participate in HAZOP studies.
• Demonstrates experience developing not to exceed horse powers and basic process data with preliminary information.
• Demonstrates experience identifying key process and system data.
• Demonstrates experience selecting equipment such as process units and instruments.
• Demonstrates experience in developing industry specific calculations for systems such as chemical balance, pipe flow rates, compression, maximum intended inventory, over pressure protection.
• Demonstrates experience with multiple materials within the industry of expertise.
• Demonstrates experience with the management of key design basis documents.
• General understanding of ANSI and NFPA.
• Experience developing sizing information for Process Equipment (compressors, pumps, heat exchangers, distillation columns, separators, reactors, etc.) and providing information in the form of equipment data sheets.
• Experience preparing material selection designation (diagram) for plant requirements.
• Demonstrates experience with Battery Limit Lists including the line lists, equipment list, and initial instrument list.
• Experience with logic diagrams and cause and effect charts for the facility.
• Experience with flare system analysis and final reporting, including the sizing of the relief valve inlet and outlet line sizing.
• Demonstrates strong organizational skills and ability to work on multiple tasks simultaneously under time sensitive deadlines.
• Exhibits excellent listening, oral and written skills; ability to prepare and make project related presentations to clients is desirable.
• Occasional overtime and travel may be required.