Our plant is a modern wood facility that contains a mix of state of the art equipment including sophisticated robotics coupled with time honored craftsmanship skills to create industry leading wood caskets. Matthews Memorialization is a (MATW) Matthews International company.
ARE YOU PASSIONATE ABOUT?
- Oversees process design projects and ensures the efficient and safe functioning of all the processes related to producing a product, substance, or service.
- Designs processes and equipment related to the development and commercialization of products or services that are cost-effective and within budget.
- Actively supporting production.
- Designing processes and purchasing tools and equipment.
- Machine operations improvements.
DO YOU ENJOY COLLABORATING WITH?
- Clients, both external and internal.
- Peers and colleagues across the organization.
- Cross-functional teams, including production, sales, distribution, etc.
DO YOU HAVE EXPERIENCE WITH?
- Providing general engineering and design support for a wide range of activities.
- Evaluating existing processes, suggesting measures for improvement, and configuring manufacturing systems to reduce cost, improve sustainability, boost productivity, quality, and profitability, and develop best practices within the production process.
- Implements methods and process designs, create prototypes, tests, and makes necessary modifications where required.
- Interfacing with internal and external resources on new and existing manufacturing systems.
- Works closely with other professionals such as key suppliers and other engineers on development and research projects.
- Oversees process design projects and ensures the efficient and safe functioning of all processes related to production equipment and tooling.
- Conferring with vendors to determine product specifications and arrange for purchasing of equipment, materials, or parts, and evaluated products. according to specifications and quality standards.
- Conferring with management, engineering, and other staff regarding manufacturing capabilities.
- Additional duties as assigned.
WHAT SUCCESS LOOKS LIKE:
- You will contribute to troubleshooting issues on the manufacturing floor and determine root causes of failures while recommending changes in production methods.
- You will be responsible for overseeing the department's standard operating procedures, equipment preventative maintenance, and technical support.
- You will investigate and analyze machinery downtime and engineer solutions or corrective actions to eliminate future re-occurrence.
QUALIFICATIONS / REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering or related field.
- 6+ years of previous manufacturing engineering experience.
- Practical application of lean systems and continuous improvement.
- A high degree of proficiency in MS Office Suite, Outlook & Internet applications.
- Strong analytical, prioritizing, interpersonal, problem-solving, presentation, budgeting, project management (from conception to completion), & planning skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills (including analysis, interpretation, & reasoning).
- Solid understanding and application of mathematical concepts.
- Ability to develop and maintain collaborative relationships with peers and colleagues across the organization, as well as, internal and external clients.
- Ability to work well autonomously and within a team in a fast-paced and deadline-oriented environment.
- Ability to work with and influence peers and senior management.
- Self-motivated with critical attention to detail, deadlines, and reporting.
- Possess a mechanical aptitude; ability to use a large variety of hand tools and basic knowledge of power tools, forklifts, welding equipment, and cutting torch.
- Ability to travel as necessary.