Will perform process modeling and calculations as required for projects. Position requires sound comprehensive knowledge of process design and engineering drawing, computer modeling and reading of drawings.
- Develop designs for complete and complex engineering systems, structures, and plant arrangements with minimumsupervision.
- Process - PFD, P&ID, Charts and graphs from design data, etc
- Review design models, drawings and design documents for safety, quality, accuracy, neatness, functionality, and satisfactory completion.
- Assure that designs are in accordance with company design standards.
- Apply analytical, conceptual and planning skills, particularly mathematical modeling and CAD.
- Design and implement cost-effective equipment modifications to improve safety, reliability and throughput.
- Determine how to manufacture products or deliver services with greatest efficiency
- Execute quality control processes to resolve problems in production cost-effectively
Will supportProject Managers and other engineers in project activities including, but not limited to the following.
- Purchase of equipment, including preparation of bid packages, acquisition of quotations and bids, preparation of purchase order documents, tracking orders and processing the invoices.
- Project accounting. Will maintain the accounting records for multiples projects and prepare reports as needed. Will interface with the accounting department.
- Assist in the preparation and management of project schedules, Gantt charts, and departmental calendars.
- Prepare Bill of Materials (BOM) for projects under direction of project managers.
- Assist in the development of project cost estimates.
Will support technical and construction activities as required for project completion. These activities include, but not limited to the following.
- Conduct technical inspections of all components built for the project.
- Field verification of P&IDs and redlining/correction as required.
- Pressure testing of equipment and systems. Dry down of equipment and systems.
- Troubleshooting of systems and assisting in start-up activities.
- Development of operating procedures.
- Assist in the preparation of the Process Hazards Assessment as required during project planning.
- Be responsible for ensuring that the project is managed in a safe and professional manner and that it is undertaken in compliance with all relevant SHE requirements.
- Participate in small improvement projects (SIP) and The Right Way (TRW) projects.
Engineering Departmental Support:
Will support activities and projects to maintain efficient operation and continued improvement of the engineering department. These include, but not limited to the following.
- Evaluation of software packages for process, safety, document control or project management.
- Document management for the department.
- Preparation of technical white papers or other documents.
- Work with management, engineers, and customers to develop new standards for production
- Solve complex problems working with manufacturing staff, contractors, suppliers and customers;
- Manage projects using engineering principles and techniques;
- Plan and design new production processes;
- Consider the implications of issues such as cost, safety and time constraints;
- Work with other professionals, within and outside the engineering sector;
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Must be proficient in technical writing.
- Must be proficient in organizational skills. Plan, organize, and coordinate own work.
Work Environmental & Physical Demands:
Matheson is an Equal Opportunity Employer that complies with the laws and regulations set forth under EEOC.
Skills, Qualifications, and Special Requirements:
- Safety and Quality Focus, Analysis, Design Skills, Technical Presentation , Equipment Maintenance, Conceptual Skills, and General Consulting Skills,
- Strong conceptual skills, basic knowledge of manufacturing techniques, and advanced process design knowledge.
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
- Must have ability to fully integrate into a team setting, yet also be able to work independently
- Ability to effectively communicate through excellent verbal, written and interpersonal skills
- Ability to prioritize, handle multiple projects, and multi-task
- Excellent computer skills in Microsoft Office Suite, MS Project and AutoCAD LT
- Minimum of Bachelor’s degree in Chemical Engineering.
- Five or more years of relevant experience.
In order to perform many of the job requirements, training will be ongoing in these areas.
- Safety training (OSHA and general).
- Training in CGA Standards
- Project Management training with the goal of obtaining CAPM certification
- Six-Sigma training for Green Belt and Design for Six Sigma DFSS training
- Training on software used for Document Control, Project Management, Drawing management, etc.
- Specific engineering training as required for modeling software and general topics.