Overview of Position:
The Process Engineer will optimize, troubleshoot and maintain existing processes to improve quality, line efficiency for a food & beverage manufacturing facility. Process Engineer will also implement new processes/projects/programs from development to commercialization. Manage process control hardware, instrumentation, and manufacturing equipment projects from conceptualization through specification, costing, design, procurement, installation, start-up, validation and acceptance into manufacturing.
Description of Responsibilities:
Perform assessments, measure performance and analysis of data on current process systems to develop engineering solutions for optimization, performance improvements and cost reduction.
Develop Flow diagrams, technical documentation and specifications in accordance with customer requirements, standards and specifications and Federal, State and Local regulatory agency requirements related to food manufacturing.
Design and Implement systems using experience and working knowledge of fluid flow systems, process heating and cooling, pumping systems, Clean In Place (CIP), Steam In Place (SIP), sanitary piping design, Aseptic Processing, Pasteurization and UHT Processing
Develop system calculations and confirmation of project production design criteria during design phase of
- Projects. Design and implementation of improvements to and new process utility piping systems, cooling towers, compressed air systems, water and glycol chillers, and hot water sets..
- Development of process design narrative that clearly and concisely communicates the overall process design production criteria to the customer and systems control engineer.
- Development of detailed scope of work that clearly and concisely communicates scope of work, construction details, schedule, and performance expectations to both internal and external resources..
- Utilize and develop standard practices pertaining to engineering calculations, spreadsheets, equipment schedules, standard details, piping methods, and control sequences are utilized as much as possible and incorporated into the project documents.
- Development of equipment specifications / schedules and RFQs based on system design requirements and project deliverables.
- Bachelors degree in Agricultural, Chemical, Mechanical or Food Process Engineering
- 5-10 years of experience across one or more industries with design and project emphasis in the Food and Beverage industry (breweries, bottlers, dairies, confectionary producers, etc)
- “Hands on” equipment installation, commissioning and troubleshootingexperience.
- Project management experience.
- Aseptic process and packaging experience is desirable.
- Ability to integrate new technology into existing process systems.
- Ability to work independently or a team environment.
- Computer literate with MS Office and AutoCAD.