Incumbent typicallyreports to an Engineering Manager, Research or Operations Manager, or Unit Team Leader. Receives direction in the form of broadly defined objectives. Responsibilities include meeting team objectives and effective use of resources. Incumbent is recognized for broad technical knowledge, and demonstrates both personal and organizational sensitivity.
Vary widely with assignment and typically include:
• Project responsibility of $0.1 MM to $50 MM
• Project team of 2 to 10 people
• Single or multiple projects
- Safety: Support implementation of the loss control improvement process by compliance with critical safety rules. Visibly demonstrate that safety is a value by following safety procedures, maintaining a safe workplace and complying with safety rules. Develop equipment, processes and products that meet safety codes, policy and guidelines. Actively participate in achieving organization and personal safety objectives. Follow the Safety Roles & Responsibilities Matrix by holding yourself and all team members accountable to its tenets. Provide for the safety and well-being of operators, maintenance and other personnel.
- Design and Development: Provide guidance in the initiation, design, optimization and development of manufacturing and supporting processes to achieve unit objectives.
- Technical Knowledge: Develop knowledge and skills to be recognized for expertise and guidance in application of engineering principles and/or scientific analysis.
- Security and Documentation: Provide guidance in security and documentation to ensure the retrieval of data and protection of proprietary information.
- Problem Solving: Seek, recognize, define and solve problems/opportunities to achieve unit objectives.
- Internal Control: Lead assigned projects/tasks to meet unit objectives within applicable Corporate policies. Place emphasis on CFI and Internal Control.
- Communications: Communicate fully with superiors, subordinates and others who have need to know. Be informative without being obtrusive or vexatious. Communicate in a way that is timely, yet prompt; complete, yet concise; candid, yet accurate; and clear, yet responsive.
- Human Resources Development: Assist in the development of others in the area of incumbent's expertise, while demonstrating an understanding of those with a diverse background or experience.
- Quality: Observe all applicable quality procedures and regulations. Perform tasks utilizing Good Manufacturing Practices. Demonstrate an understanding of the Quality Policy and how it affects your job. Improve process capability to deliver a reduction in defects and variability. Identify, develop, and implement products, processes, materials, systems, and procedures to achieve business objectives.
- Diversity: Contribute to an environment in which all team members are respected regardless of their individual differences and are motivated to improve both their individual and team contributions to achieve desired business results.
- Candidates must possess a Bachelor's degree in Industrial, Chemical, Manufacturing, or Mechanical Engineering; or relevant scientific discipline from an accredited college or university and up to 12 years of experience in a variety of technical, operational, plant and staff assignments.
- Strong knowledge and background in technology understanding and development with a demonstrated ability to translate that knowledge into execution of process and capacity improvements in major capital projects.
- Exposure to industrial or high speed manufacturing environment.
- Experience/exposure to manufacturing analysis tools, such as: Statistical process control, design of experiments, and process capability studies
- Experience/exposure to Quality management systems (product/raw material specifications) and Lean Manufacturing.
- Experience with process and equipment.
- A demonstrated ability to work independently, lead a team to complete projects within required timeframes, and coach, teach and advise other engineers to aide in their technical development.
- Experience and expertise with Kimberly-Clark engineering procedures and processes.