Process engineer to work primarily on cutting edge nuclear related projects. A successful candidate will be placed in a key engineering role, working within a multi-disciplinary team of engineers and designers to execute design and engineering on various projects.
- The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Analyzes equipment specifications and performance requirements to determine appropriate designs.
- Prepares and oversees the preparation of process design deliverables including:
- Process Flow Diagrams
- Piping and Instrumentation Diagrams
- Orifice, relief valve, and equipment sizing calculations
- Heat transfer calculations
- Liquid and gas flow calculations
- Process line sizing calculations
- Equipment and Instrument datasheets
- Evaluation of vendor submittals for selection of instrumentation and equipment.
- Reviews and checks the work of other process engineers to determine accuracy, completeness, and compliance with procedures.
- Coordination of design inputs and design activities with other engineering disciplines in a team environment.
- Ability and desire to lead a team of Process Engineers, work as the Process Lead on large projects.
- Able to handle multiple projects/tasks at the same time.
- Analytical - Synthesizes complex or diverse information; Collects and researches data; Uses intuition and experience to complement data; Designs work flows and procedures.
- Design - Generates creative solutions; Translates concepts and information into images; Uses feedback to modify designs; Applies design principles; Demonstrates attention to detail.
- Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Technical Skills - Assesses own strengths and weaknesses; Pursues training and development opportunities; Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; Shares expertise with others.
- Team Work - Balances team and individual responsibilities.
- Written Communication - Writes clearly and informatively; Edits work for spelling and grammar; Presents numerical data effectively; Able to read and interpret written information.
- Verbal Communication – Able to clearly communicate to others at all levels within the organization.
- Adaptability - Adapts to changes in the work environment.
- Client projects for this position require US Citizenship.
- Candidate must be capable of obtaining a Q clearance.
- Bachelor’s degree (B. S.) / Chemical Engineering or Mechanical Engineering from an Accredited Program;
- Minimum of twelve (12) years related experience and/or training.
- Experience in DOE nuclear projects is a plus.
Certificates and Licenses:
- Professional Engineer license: New Mexico or ability to obtain reciprocity.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financialreports, and legal documents.
- Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community.
- Ability to write speeches and articles for publication that conform to prescribed style and format.
- Ability to apply advanced mathematical concepts such as exponents, logarithms, quadratic equations, and permutations.
- Ability to apply mathematical operations to such tasks as frequency distribution, determination of test reliability and validity, analysis.
Job ID 2018-1147