This position requires organized and effective communication directly with clients, project managers, engineers, and vendors to ensure successful project delivery. A strong working knowledge of food industry regulations, process design and project management is imperative.
Responsibilities will include:
- Leading highly collaborative teams of project managers, engineers and others to identify, design and execute leading edge solutions for our clients in the Food and Beverage industry.
- Managing projects, developing project scope, accurate costs and detailed deliverables to ensure timely and efficient project execution.
- Provide technical review and input on engineering design deliverables with internal engineers and clients.
- Responsible for business development, project management and building exceptional client relationships.
- BS in Mechanical Engineering or related field
- 10+ years of food and beverage project participation in operations or engineering
- Knowledge of and experience in the principals, standards and regulations in sanitary, process piping, refrigeration, and aseptic packaging design.
- Work will consist of office and on-site work; ability to travel to client site as needed.
- Production flow analysis, design experience, and process optimization experience required.
- Experience in creamery, fruit and vegetable processing and packaging, fermentation or meat processing.
- Cross-functional project knowledge with other engineering disciplines (Electrical, Civil, Structural etc.)
- Strong oral and written communication, interpersonal, and leadership skills, including report-writing and preparation of competitive proposals.
- Strong design skills working in a collaborative environment on multi-disciplinary projects
- Strong project and staff management skills, managing multi-disciplinary projects on time and within budget.
- Strong analytical skills and sound technical judgment.
- Must be a self-starter, flexible, team player, willing to work on a wide variety of tasks with minimal supervision.